Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Umm you raise a good point. But Cinderella still appeals mostly to women. Not that many fellas are checking for the Cinderella brand, lol.

Agreed. I guess Jolie appeals to the adult crowd, who really do make the ticket buying choices. Then again, many adults have grown up with Cinderella.

Agreed. I guess Jolie appeals to the adult crowd, who really do make the ticket buying choices. Then again, many adults have grown up with Cinderella.

I think Cinderella did very well at the box office this weekend, especially for a movie with no 3D.

• Like 2

I think Cinderella did very well at the box office this weekend, especially for a movie with no 3D.

Oh no I'm not saying that it didn't; it performed spectacularly. However, I thought the brand power was always stronger than this weekend proved.

70+ million sounded more impressive than the actuals :) I hate when they overestimate like that. It feels like a let down when it shouldn't.

If you follow box office for any length of time you'll find it is a common occurrence. Any OW number that is a nice round number is always suspect. :lol:  It's only for the weekend headlines. The general public will have moved on by the time the actuals come in. And then they don't really get reported in mainstream media. So nobody is the wiser, except us. :)