16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Warrior

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This movie has some flaws, but it's excellent. I cringed a little bit when I threw in the Blu Ray tonight and realized it was 140 minutes but that 2 hours and 20 minutes flew by. Hardy was great, Nolte was great, and Edgerton was really great. The MMA fights were awesome and that was a surprising cameo by WWE star Kurt Angle. There are a few little things I could nitpick about- the story is very implausible and I could do without the marine-ditcher subplot- but there was something about this movie that clicked. It would have been nice to see some closure with the father, but I love that final shot of the two brothers walking out together. I like to think Brendan donated some of his winnings to the marine's widow.8.0/10 (A-)

This was a great movie. I normally don't like sports films, because they tend to follow the same formula every time. And to be honest Warrior doesn't stray very far from the formula but what it lacks in originality it makes up for in great execution. Hardy and Edgerton are amazing and the fight scenes leave you on the edge of your seats. You can't ask for much more in a sports movie.9/10 (A)

"A" without a doubt. I had no idea that I would like this movie as much as I did, especially because a ;movie about UCF would generally be about as appealing to me as watching a match of it, which is to say, not a lot.I have no idea how this movie flopped at the box office, and no idea how it didn't get a nom for Best Picture. It's easily the best 2011 movie I've seen. (admittedly, I still need a see some of the other BP noms).

This was really good. I'd say it's already up there with Raging Bull as one of my all-time favorite fighting films.

The last half hour was incredibly emotional and hard-hitting, and Tom Hardy is simply brilliant. I just wish the rest of the film was like the last half hour......then we'd have a masterpiece on our hands. As it stands, it's a really good film that is just missing something......not really sure what.......to truly be great. Still, definitely one of the best of 2011.

B+

Edited by mattmav45

Saw it a second time last night with my dad (who never watches movies).

It was very strange, because he cried at the end of it. In all my 15 years of being his son, I've never seen him cry before.

Anyway, great movie. It's a little slow in places and overlong, but very well acted and emotional. I love the last 5 minutes to death. I'm obsessed with the song by The National thanks to this movie.

A

Wow. I just saw this for the first time today, but wow. 2nd best movie of 2011 behind 50/50, and seriously one of my favorite movies of the past decade. Incredibly emotional, real, exciting, and brilliant. The fact that this and 50/50 weren't nominated for Best Picture while garbage like Tree of Life and Extremely Loud were is an absolute travesty. Same goes for Hardy/Gordon Levitt not getting best actor calls. Hardy re affirmed his status as my favorite actor working today with this performance. Edgerton, who I haven't seen much of, was fantastic too. And Nick Nolte... dear lord, what a performance.

My favourite movie of last year. People can call it cheesy all they want, it still ticks all the right boxes for me. It's a powerful film with top notch acting, adrenaline and more exciting than your big 200m blockbusters out there.A++

How is this underrated? 83% RT and is, laughably enough, #154 in the IMDB top 250 (higher than Rocky :blink:). Nick Nolte was (deservedly) nominated for the Oscar and a bunch of other major awards, what else should it have been up for? Best screenplay? lol

Anyway, this was a good movie and I enjoyed it despite the cliche ridden script and increasingly ludicrous and predictable plot. Nolte was amazing and that hotel room scene with Hardy is one of the most emotional in recent memory. The rest of the cast were adequate and nothing more.

6.5-7/10