baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

Sorry, but how could ALOHA's number be included? When making Thursday threads, we can't include/discuss these Thursday midnights. But here they are considered Thursday numbers?

They're thursday previews, meaning starting before midnight. Why else would baumer word it like that? That's the easiest question ever if he didn't think some users would get caught forgetting about previews. It's called Thursday previews, not early Friday's. We all got it wrong.

• Like 1

They're thursday previews, meaning starting before midnight. Why else would baumer word it like that? That's the easiest question ever if he didn't think some users would get caught forgetting about previews. It's called Thursday previews, not early Friday's. We all got it wrong.

They are previews plus midnights. Not counted as Thursday numbers by anyone including BOM which only lists 5 movies above 400k for Thursday.

I think we are over thinking a straight forward question.

• Like 2

Why else would baumer word it that way then? It doesn't make any sense to say what he said if he was only looking for the 5 movies that were locked to make it. He obviously was alluding to the previews.

• Like 1

Why else would baumer word it that way then? It doesn't make any sense to say what he said if he was only looking for the 5 movies that were locked to make it. He obviously was alluding to the previews.

Previews aren't Thursday though, for all we know San Andreas made 0.4M on Thursday and 2.7M post midnight which is Friday. Impossible to quantify how much money was made on Thursday alone.

From the movies which reported Thursday numbers, only 5 made more than 400k.

• Like 3

Why would he write that though? It doesn't make any sense why he'd add that. Baumer doesn't give out easy questions like that if he meant what you guys said. Also we always say Thursday previews regardless of BOM. Thursday means Thursday and baumer was hoping to trick people into forgetting about the new openers. Problem is that even those of us that saw that didn't see Aloha getting 400k, so we all lose on that question :lol:

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

If he wanted to include previews then the question would have said so. The way the question is phrased, highlighted by the work reported, awkwardly over-says "reported Thursday box office numbers."

Plus, as grim said, It is impossible to quantify how much San Andreas or Aloha made in the pre-midnight as opposed to midnight numbers.

They're definetly not considered Thursday numbers. Pretty sure the answer to that question is five.

Nope, the answer is 6.  I almost spelled the question out for you.  I said how many films THAT ARE REPORTED will be over the number.  So it's six.

I think you guys are overthinking baumer's post. Thursday night sneaks are always counted as Friday's numbers... especially in the Summer Game, where any Thursday grosses for an opener are considered part of the OW.

Because of the way it's worded.  :)

That's the key right there.  I'm sorry if you guys misinterpreted it, but no one asked for clarification, it was always meant to include the two films being released Thurs night.  Sorry but it's only one question.  :)

9) How many films will make more than 400K on Thursday?  (I'm not spelling this out for you, figure it out.  How many films that are reported, will make more than 400K on Thursday..domestic only of course)

• Like 1

That's the key right there.  I'm sorry if you guys misinterpreted it, but no one asked for clarification, it was always meant to include the two films being released Thurs night.  Sorry but it's only one question.   :)

9) How many films will make more than 400K on Thursday?  (I'm not spelling this out for you, figure it out.  How many films that are reported, will make more than 400K on Thursday..domestic only of course)

Two problems baumer:

A) Aloha and and San Andreas are reported as Friday numbers.

B] There's no actual numbers defining how much the two films made prior to midnight, so it's impossible to conclude either film made or didn't make 400k.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros