baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

Kids don't care about reviews, Home should have proved that already, and Minions are huge and the Amazon tie-in is probably the best marketing idea ever by any movie, especially when you see tweets like this

Minions won't do as well as DM2, but Inside Out won't do as well as Monsters U either, still think Minions will beat IO easily.

Inside Out will be within 20m of 300. Monsters U is done.

No one will destroy anyone. IO will have its typical Pixar gross (anywhere from 225 to 275, with an outside chance of going higher), Minions will likely have its 300m and change.

This happens with every single spin off movie. Though the character/s is/are popular enough to get a decent gross it won't come anywhere close to the franchise, because it's the combination of all the original characters that made the franchise so popular. Kids were already amped on the minions in both DM1+DM2, so that audience won't expand and you lose most of the older audience without the girls and Gru. How is it supposed to come within 100m of DM2? How? 250m Max for the Minions.

Inside Out will be within 20m of 300. Monsters U is done.

This happens with every single spin off movie. Though the character/s is/are popular enough to get a decent gross it won't come anywhere close to the franchise, because it's the combination of all the original characters that made the franchise so popular. Kids were already amped on the minions in both DM1+DM2, so that audience won't expand and you lose most of the older audience without the girls and Gru. How is it supposed to come within 100m of DM2? How? 250m Max for the Minions.

I guess we will see in 2 months' time.

See everyone on this board thinks Minions will destroy Inside Out. I think the opposite will happen and IO will be so well received that Minions will get overwhelmed. We shall see, but the reviews give me confidence in my feeling so far.

I don't and you can see that with my crazy BSG predictions. :lol:

I am thinking of dropping out because of a ridiculous work schedule I have over the next 4 weeks. Will see how it works out.

Buddy I feel you man.  Work is killing me right now.  I'm not complaining because it's overtime but it makes it hard to do the game.  But you got to do what you must.  

Ok, so this week, the first individuals will go to 

CHAS

JAJANG

TELE

MATTREK

K1stpierre

This year, individuals will be worth 30,000 points and they will be 4 questions, not three.  So yes, double the score from last year when it was 15,000 but getting 4 right is going to be hard.  

I'll work on this weeks questions in about 30 minutes.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

Ok, so this week, the first individuals will go to 

CHAS

JAJANG

TELE

MATTREK

This year, individuals will be worth 30,000 points and they will be 4 questions, not three.  So yes, double the score from last year when it was 15,000 but getting 4 right is going to be hard.  

I'll work on this weeks questions in about 30 minutes.

First ones suckaaaaaaasss!

• Like 1