baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

Reviewing other questions that can be scored:

First Bonus Question) Can't answer yet.

Second Bonus Question) Can't answer yet

Third Bonus Question) can't answer yet

Triple Bonus

Question 1: Will more than 3 films gross at least 110 million dollars Opening weekend domestically (3 day weekends count only)

We are at 3 ... wait and see i guess..

Question 2: Will more than two films gross at least 50 million dollars on opening day?

We are at 2 ... wait and see i guess..

Questions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 All Answered and scored.

Question 8: Will at least 5 films, listed as a comedy (could be sci-fi comedy...horror comedy...must have comedy listed somewhere in the genre ) by Box Office Mojo, make more than 120 million dollars this summer?
I think this could be answered.  only 1 film so far has made it (Pitch Perfect 2).  Spy is 12m short so outside  of a rerelease /boost it won't do it.  Other films in release are unlikely to reach 100m let alone 120m.  Even the most remote chance is trainwreck but i'm doubting it also.  There  is only 3 more comedy's that are wide release this summer..... I'm thinking it's a NO.

Question 9: Will at least 3 action films released after May, have a WW gross of more than 500 million?
I'll leave this one for now, but i'm thinking it will end with a NO also.  wait and see for now.

Question 10 answer and scored..

Question 11: Will any two films make more than 40 million in Russia this summer?
This looks to be a NO.  Just looking  through the Russian Thread and the biggest looks to be around 30m USD right now.  I'm going with NO given we haven't even got 1 film though it appears that Minions might be a outside shot of this total...

Question 12: Will the top two films combined make more this summer than the next 5 films combined (domestic only)? So to avoid any confusion like we have last summer, the question reads like this.... top 2 spots add up to more than slots 3-7.
Can't answer as yet. but as it stands the top 2 are up to 1.081B (should wind up around 1.095B i think).  spots 3 - 7 ~ i should note that Antman should break into the top 7 and we also don't have MIRN or F4 as yet that could sneak in....  1.05B with a lot of Upside i think... i'm thinking closer to 1.1B + here so i'd say this will be a NO... but we will need to wait to be sure.

Question 13: Will any of the top 7 grossing sequels domestically this summer have a second weekend drop of less than 47.5%?
ok as it stands, Mad Max Fury Road is the only Sequel so far to do this (-45.8%).  It's currently the 5th largest grossing sequel this summer.  It's safe as yet but it's a good chance so we will wait and see but as it stands, it's a YES.

Question 14: Will Avengers, Minions or Jurassic World have a Saturday increase minus the preview number?  So take out the Thursday number and you get the true Friday number.  You guys know the drill.
YES - JW did the honours... (63m Friday to a 69m Saturday)

Question 15: Will Minions outgross Avengers in at least two of these regions this summer? 
France ~ AOU 34.3m vs Minions 29.6m (3 weeks in - likely minions win here)
Netherlands ~ AOU 5.21m vs Minions 9.5m (minions win)
Venezuela ~ AOU 17.95m vs Minions 26.8m (minions win)
Hungary ~ AOU 1.64m vs Minions 2.4m and counting (Minions win)
So I think this is a YES.

The Ron Jeremy of all bonus questions)
  1) Will Avengers make at least 600 million domestically? NO
  2) Will Avengers make more than a billion internationally?  NO (And I don't see it making it either)
  3) Will Avengers do at least 25 million for previews  YES
  4) Will Avengers make at least 1.8 billion WW? NO

NEW QUESTION)
17) This is a four part question. Again, you have choices.
Answer any part of the question. Each answer you get correct you will receive 7000 points. Each answer you get wrong, you will lose 7000 points. If you go for all four parts of the question, you must get all four parts correct. If you get even one wrong after going for it all, you will lose 7,000 points. You can go for all of it, none of it and some of it. Choice is yours. ! Note*** Jurassic World does not qualify for this question

A) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com gross more than 100 million dollars this summer? 
CAN'T ANSWER YET
B) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com open to more than 35 mill? 
CAN'T ANSWER YET
C) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have a second weekend drop of less than 47%? 
CAN'T ANSWER YET
D) Will any film listed as a horror OR thriller film by boxofficemojo.com have an opening day of more than 13 mill?
CAN'T ANSWER YET

Double Secret Probation Bonus Question)

Very simple, but very dangerous.
I'll give you a number, you tell me if Avengers will gross more or less than that number in said markets.

1) Russia:  42M LESS (34.2m)
2) Germany:  31.5M LESS (30.03m)
3) Portugal:  3M LESS (1.69m)
4) China:  200M MORE (240m)

The "Hey maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal" question of debauchery.)
Will Jurassic World and F7 combine to make more than Avengers in these markets?

1) Japan Likely YES at this point given F7 > AOU so far.
2) United Kingdom YES
3) Columbia YES
4) Mexico YES

I won't look at the 25 Questions which remain beyond this... but from the above the following can be scored:

* Triple Bonus Questions 11, 14, 15
* The Ron Jeremy of all bonus questions
* Double Secret Probation Bonus Question

The rest I feel will need to wait.

Edited by Jajang
  • Like 4

So I think we can score the Ted 2 part of SOTM 5

1) Will Ted 2 make 105 million? NO
2) Will Ted 2 have a Thursday July 2nd increase of more than 15%? NO
3) Will Ted 2 fall more than 30% on Saturday July 4th YES
4) Will it gross more than 400 million WW NO
5) Will Ted 2 fall more than 42.8% in it's third weekend (weekend after July 4th) YES
6) Will Ted 2 increase more than 10% on any Tuesday in July? YES
7) Will Ted 2 fall by more than 22% on any Wednesday in July? YES

Avi 2/7
darkelf 5/7
filmovie 6/7

I hope I didn't screw something up :D

I think forum time reflects the timezone *you* are in.  So, to me, on the east coast, Avi's post was at 3:23 PM. But I believe someone on the west coast would see it as being at 12:23 PM.

Edited by Wrath

Very simple, but very dangerous.
I'll give you a number, you tell me if Avengers will gross more or less than that number in said markets.

1) Russia:  42M LESS (34.2m)
2) Germany:  31.5M LESS (30.03m)
3) Portugal:  3M LESS (1.69m)
4) China:  200M MORE (240m)

Dammit Germany! Couldn't do 1.5m more for me? :angry: