baumer

Baumer's Summer Game - Darkelf #1, Grim22 #2, laguy03 #3..final words from baumer pg 95

I can't believe I somehow forgot the DOM OW question. Even an average score would've vaulted me into contention. Ah well considering I didn't do pre-pre season and I didn't have DOM OW the fact I came 7th is pretty damn awesome.

Thanks to Baumer, Jajang and laguy for all the work you did and congrats to the top 3! Next year I'm winning it all!

A side note: it's pretty strange that of the 7 years Baumer has done this there hasn't been one repeat winner yet.

Alright. Good game everybody. I really didn't expect to win after seeing all those red numbers in laguy's charts but I guess that was a problem for pretty much everyone and I did better in other parts of the game. I would just like to take this opportunity to say one last time: Fuck you, Tomorrowland! :D

Anyway, thanks to everybody who contributed to the game: baumer, jajang, chas, laguy and let's not forget that week when Tele got to post those terrible questions.

Also thanks to all the players for playing worse than me :D

See y'all in a couple of months, for winter is coming.

• Like 4

FINAL Week Scores:

bonus 1 = DamienRoc 1.649756B

bonus 2 = blankments 3.382m

bonus 3 = DamienRoc 18.398m

DamienRoc = 8000 + 2000 + 20000 =  30000

Hey! Two bonuses! Awesome. Kinda going out with a bang, though. It's not like it's going to make a difference, right?

*scans scores*

Umm... what?

6th Place

: DamienRoc1,564,000

DamienRoc just missed on a top 5 finish (you will see how close you were in the next post).  His Pre-Season was one of the top 5 scores for the game.  It was helped by strong scores (but not topping) in nearly all categories.  His SOTM score did let him down with only 93k.  

Holy shit!

Except, wait, you don't mean....

Thats right folks we have reached the top 5!  If your name hasn't appeared yet, then you are still in the race.......

so without much further ado.....

5th Place

He isn't our highest running (score) mod in the game (and i'm not name dropping because no doubt you know who you are ;) )but the old man can indeed predict.  Congratulations to Telemachos who finished the game with 1,565,000, a mere 1k ahead of Damienroc in 6th.    If it wasn't for his very disappointing Worldwide Score of -30k he could have finished a lot higher.  Thankfully he made up for that with a masterful 182k in the SOTM (the bane of many players) and a reasonable score in the weeklys  of 240k.  Finally his Top 15 score of 549k gave him the shot in the arm to break into the top 5.  

Congratulations Tele!

God DAMMIT, Tele!

One fucking thousand? That's it?

There was that week where Baumer said that 1k wouldn't make a difference, and now look at this shit!

BSG.png

So close. Yet so painfully far.

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. I admittedly played very conservative with the SOTMs and the preseason. And there were some super bad weeks in there. But it was fun, and I can't be disappointed with a top ten finish, especially after languishing around the middle of the pack for a huge portion of the game.

Congrats to the winners.

(Is there any chance we'll see a full breakdown of the preseason predictions beyond the top ten for each?)

• Like 4

Hey! Two bonuses! Awesome. Kinda going out with a bang, though. It's not like it's going to make a difference, right?

*scans scores*

Umm... what?

Holy shit!

Except, wait, you don't mean....

God DAMMIT, Tele!

One fucking thousand? That's it?

There was that week where Baumer said that 1k wouldn't make a difference, and now look at this shit!

So close. Yet so painfully far.

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. I admittedly played very conservative with the SOTMs and the preseason. And there were some super bad weeks in there. But it was fun, and I can't be disappointed with a top ten finish, especially after languishing around the middle of the pack for a huge portion of the game.

Congrats to the winners.

(Is there any chance we'll see a full breakdown of the preseason predictions beyond the top ten for each?)

Ok, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but... You know that Baumer's crafty, right? So, you know that when he said "Oh, 1,000 points won't matter! Missing a couple questions won't even be noticeable at the end of the game!", he was undermining potential competition.

Grim and Darkelf hammer at the keyboard until their fingers bleed.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

Domestic Top 15

1 - Baumer 758000

2 - Numbers 667000

3 - laguy03 615000

4 - Dipper 613000

5 - Films (PitchPerfect2Films) 589000

6 - The Panda 581000

7 - Chewy 580000

8 - Simionski 574000

9 - Empire Out 571000

10 - jajang 559000

Might have only finished 23rd, but at least I finished top 10 in some portion of this game. :)

• Like 1

btw baumer well done on keeping the game going this year and spending so much of your free time on entertaining the other members of this forum :) and congrats to darkelf.

edit: i'm tired, i worded this post very strangely before...

Edited by Tree-5000
  • Like 4