babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol you’re comparing two HUGE brands to “a Star is born”. The latter is Oscar bait - it NEEDS good acting since it doesn’t have big fancy cgi monsters to distract the audience.  Star Wars and Beauty and the Gaga were hits based on their brands alone. 

Didn't Lady Gaga win a Golden Globe for her acting? :thinking: 

5 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Didn't Lady Gaga win a Golden Globe for her acting? :thinking: 

Golden globes are paid for awards this is a well known fact and it means absolutely nothing. Her acting in American horror story was atrocious not to mention that the season is the most panned in the series. So basically everyone that watched the show has seen her terrible acting and that bought award won’t help with ticket sales. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is it confirmed to be R? If so, that's an odd decision from a B.O. standpoint, and I don't really see how this film will get an R, unless this has a lot of drug content or something.

It's already been rated so yeah.

20 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Golden globes are paid for awards this is a well known fact and it means absolutely nothing. Her acting in American horror story was atrocious not to mention that the season is the most panned in the series. So basically everyone that watched the show has seen her terrible acting and that bought award won’t help with ticket sales. 

Sorry, I think I'm gonna trust the Golden Globes more than GraceRandolph from the BoxOfficeTheory forums, have a nice day tho

8 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Sorry, I think I'm gonna trust the Golden Globes more than GraceRandolph from the BoxOfficeTheory forums, have a nice day tho

No one with any knowledge of the movie industry takes the golden globes seriously. You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing better - seeing as you’re on a movie board forum.  But I’ll help you out:

https://nypost.com/2015/01/10/how-stars-and-studios-bribe-voters-for-golden-globes/amp/

So again back to my main point: The movie will bomb and no previously bought awards will help it. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I've seen the movie. It's good. Poor Britney Spears. 

Why would Pop Legend Britney Spears care about “A Star is stillborn”?. Besides Crossroads grossed 61 million unadjusted. Fad09 ain’t seeing those numbers - ever. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why would Pop Legend Britney Spears care about “A Star is stillborn”?. Besides Crossroads grossed 61 million unadjusted. Fad09 ain’t seeing those numbers - ever. 

Legend? That child abusing redneck who lipsynched in the 90s? The bitch who was last seen shaving her head before vanishing into oblivion? Lol. 

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yes, all that and still managed to last for more than one album unlike that poor botoxed botched dog. Also if performing in Vegas is considered vanishing into oblivion then Fad09 is in the same boat (but we alredy knew this) - except in her case its worse seeing as it happened 9 years into her pathetic excuse of a career. 

But let’s not get distracted with trivial things. A Star is stillborn will bomb like everything Gaga related since 2011. 

Read and weep. Flopney is dead. Buried. A joke. 

9 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Why do I get the feeling that TombRaider and GraceRandolph are the same poster?

Why are you so obsessed with me?

anyway both gaga and britney are washed up, but at least gaga can sing. i dont know about her acting cause I never saw AHS, bu her star has faded a lot

Edited by TombRaider