babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

The True Winner of RPDR All Stars Is Coming:

2qi4h02.jpg

“I’m in drag, I’m kind of Lady Gaga’s drag mother, a bar owner,” she said. “I can’t give much more away than that. But it’s gonna be really fun, it’s not a giant role but it’s a good role that’s memorable.”

As they say, YAAAAS QUEEN.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

People underpredicted La La Land, people underpredicted Greatest Showman, and now people will underpredict this.  Same goes for Mamma Mia tbh

All those movies feature high caliber talanted actresses / actors.  A Star is stillborn has “Lady Gaga” with her stiff “acting” and botoxed face unable to emote any emotion. This is going to flop. 

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

All those movies feature high caliber talanted actresses / actors.  A Star is stillborn has “Lady Gaga” with her stiff “acting” and botoxed face unable to emote any emotion. This is going to flop. 

do you think the GA gives a shit about her acting abilities?  if someone likes her music a lot then that’s an extra ticket bought, and her being in it will discourage maybe 0.001% of potential ticket buyers.

5 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

People underpredicted La La Land, people underpredicted Greatest Showman, and now people will underpredict this.  Same goes for Mamma Mia tbh

I think A Star is Born will do well but being R rated will reduce its box office potential a little. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

do you think the GA gives a shit about her acting abilities?  if someone likes her music a lot then that’s an extra ticket bought, and her being in it will discourage maybe 0.001% of potential ticket buyers.

They sure as hell do. People don’t go watch movies with bad acting. Also not a lot of people like her music seeing as she hasn’t had a hit since 2013.  She’s a forgotten electro pop fad so that won’t bring in much ticket sales.  This movie would have probably been a hit had the original lead stayed - the modern Michael jackson also known as Beyoncé. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, since when is the R rated musical a thing? Who exactly is even the audience for that? The hordes that flocked to Sweeney Todd. This could maybe leg to 100 with lots of awards buzz, but LLL/TGS box office breakout it is not. 

I get the feeling it won't be marketed as a musical, they'll focus on Gaga and Cooper. 

5 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

10 Beauty and the Beast (2017) BV $504,014,165 2017

12 Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace Fox $474,544,677 1999^

Lol you’re comparing two HUGE brands to “a Star is born”. The latter is Oscar bait - it NEEDS good acting since it doesn’t have big fancy cgi monsters to distract the audience.  Star Wars and Beauty and the Gaga were hits based on their brands alone. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 1