babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

Warner Bros is negotiating with its American Sniper star Bradley Cooper to make his feature directorial debut on the remake of A Star Is Born. The hope is for Cooper also to star in the film. Once his deal is done, their first stop will be to Beyonce, who once was positioned to play the role of the young woman whose dreams of stardom are helped by a self-destructive icon whose best days are behind him.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/bradley-cooper-beyonce-a-star-is-born-directing-debut-warner-bros-1201381195/

I suppose it's not too surprising. this was supposed to be a clint joint way back when and the rumor is that cooper pretty much directed american sniper...

Edited by cooliod1

I suppose it's not too surprising. this was supposed to be a clint joint way back when and the rumor is that cooper pretty much directed american sniper...

I haven't heard this rumor before.

I thought the rumor was that Cooper handled post-production after Clint just booked after shooting concluded

Edited by 4815162342

That's what I've heard as well. Eastwood did the shooting, then left everything to Cooper. This isn't really a surprising next step for Cooper.

Another celluloid massacre for Flopga.

I bet she'll buy herself a Golden Globe while being shut out at the real award shows for this project too.

Edited by PDC1987

Warner Bros has a film a week after each other with S.C.O.O.B, this and the DC film on 5th October. I'm guessing one or two of them will move slots

Edited by Jonwo

This will be either great or a trainwreck without any middle ground. Hopefully the former.

• Like 1

Carrying this over from the "Godzilla 2" discussion thread in the Lot, Anthony Ramos will be starring in A Star is Born.

Anthony Ramos Books ‘A Star Is Born’ & ‘Godzilla’ Sequel

EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Ramos has landed a role in Warner Bros’ Bradley Cooper-directed musical A Star Is Born, starring Cooper and Stefani Germanotta. The remake to William Wellman’s 1937 film, written by Eric Roth, will bow in theaters Sept. 28, 2018.

The pic follows a singer who falls in love with an aging rocker who launches her successful career as his own is in a downward spiral. Ramos will play Gaga’s best friend Ramon, an aspiring dancer who is born to be in the spotlight. Cooper, Billy Gerber, Todd Phillips, Lynette Howell Tayor and Jon Peters are producing, with Basil Iwanyk on as exec producer.

http://deadline.com/2017/05/anthony-ramos-a-star-is-born-godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-1202080399/

Edited by NoobSaibot

Gaga is coming for that Oscuh

On 3/24/2015 at 7:13 PM, CoolioD1 said:

American Sniper had Eastwood ridiculous low number of shootings days (for a story involving 4 tours, childhood feedback, ending, etc...) stamp on it and is recognizable style imo.