babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

But this has sexy Southern-drawled, gorgeous-bearded, Bradley Cooper with the singing voice of an angel. Ain't nothing from the 1954 movie's gonna top that.

If anything, it'll be better than the 1978 film which is what this version is closer to than the 1954 film

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Jonwo said:

^Same day that Ocean's 8 comes out.

Given that both films are Warner brs films, that ain;t no coincidence.

This is a case where a trailer really is attached to a movie.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

She actually looks better without all the makeup that she usually wears. I understand why she's being credited as Gaga but I think it would have better if she'd credited under her actual name. 

Uh, Gaga's real name about zero public recoganition or box office appeal. How much of a box office draw Lady Gaga is an unknown factor, but it's better then her real name.

I mean, it looks fine? Not getting why everyone was salivating over that trailer at CinemaCon. Doesn't look bad but doesn't look amazing, either.

Gaga sounds great (obviously) but her acting didn't really impress me.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

This looks generic to me.  I feel like I've seen this story so many times. A talented girl doesn't have the confidence to put herself out there, a guy helps her see how talented she really is. 

And the guy destroys his own career in the process.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Uh, Gaga's real name about zero public recoganition or box office appeal. How much of a box office draw Lady Gaga is an unknown factor, but it's better then her real name.

They could have done what Dwayne Johnson did for years with putting The Rock between his first and last name.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

This looks generic to me.  I feel like I've seen this story so many times. A talented girl doesn't have the confidence to put herself out there, a guy helps her see how talented she really is. 

This is the fourth version of A Star Is Born, the second where they're both music and not movie stars - so yes it's been done before.  

That said - Bradley has never looked better.  

I am going to take back what I said before: this doesn't look to me as amazing as I imagined it would be from all the hyperbole we heard about from CInemaCon. I know it is just a trailer, and therefore not a complete picture of what the actors can do, but based on this short footage, Gaga doesn't look like she is doing that great. Then again, Gal Gadot did not look any kinds of impressive in the trailers for Wonder Woman, and she was indeed absolutely, stunningly captivating in the film. 

But yeah, Cooper's singing is great (Gaga too, but we already knew that she is a great vocalist). 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

If anything, it'll be better than the 1978 film which is what this version is closer to than the 1954 film

That is not a high bar to jump over.

You should watch the 1937 Original, btw.  It slipped into the Public Domain a few years ago, and you can watch it, legally, on several sites on the Internet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

This and the suspiria remake trailer have provided some great laughs , so thank you Hollywood !!!😂🤣

The only laughter that I got as a result of having watched the Suspiria remake trailer was when I remembered how laughable the death scenes in the original Suspiria were. Sorry, but no amount of "classic status" can negate that those murder scenes were ridiculous.