babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

13 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Sorry, I think I'm gonna trust the Golden Globes more than GraceRandolph from the BoxOfficeTheory forums, have a nice day tho

Seriously? She is completely right. Do you not know how the Globes function? The Pia Zadora win? Burlesque and The Tourist getting nominations? The Martian being classified as a Musical or Comedy just so it and The Revenant and Matt and Leo could both be given awards that year? They literally sell wins and nominations if there are interested parties, i.e. the talent themselves or the studio/network. The HFPA is known for it. Ricky flat out said it every time he hosted. The Golden Globes are a joke and the bastard child of Hollywood award season.

From the season premiere to the season finale American Horror Story: Hotel plummeted in the ratings, from it's predecessor and episode to episode. It was the first season to be Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes and Gaga's performance was panned. Gaga was not in a single list of predicted nominees before they were announced, and then she wasn't even nominated at the Emmys or SAG Awards. You know, hardly perfect but still legitimate ceremonies that don't sell statues. She bought her Golden Globe.

• Like 2

I'm shocked the real story of this film's production wasn't documented here, blind items and the trades have been on it. It was originally moved from October to May because WB saw it ended up being a steaming pile of crap so they moved it out of awards season, but then the external reactions were horrendous so they pushed it back again to be recut and/or have scenes reshot. This is Glitter 2.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Seriously? She is completely right. Do you not know how the Globes function? The Pia Zadora win? Burlesque and The Tourist getting nominations?

The Martian being classified as a Musical or Comedy just so it and The Revenant and Matt and Leo could both be given awards that year? They literally sell wins and nominations if there are interested parties, i.e. the talent themselves or the studio/network. The HFPA is known for it. Ricky flat out said it every time he hosted. The Golden Globes are a joke and the bastard child of Hollywood award season.

From reading the Sony studio leaked interaction with them (and Scott reaction to something like The Martian getting the kiss of death comedy nom's), it is not exactly like it likely work.

Not that it is much better, but they not need to buy a Tourist a nomination to get in, the 80 or so voters want them to be there, the show and the voters is just way too close to each others.

For the example above, Sony put and pushed for American hustle in Drama, it is the globe that put it in comedy, it was probably the same for The Martians, they are themselves optimizing the star powers they can get on their tv shows.

• Like 1

And it is with someone like EmpireCity that the moderation has issues ?

Not sure it is relevant to a movie box office message board to have people go about Beyonce or Lady Gaga (or it seem like even Britney Spears what is going on ?!?)......

Edited by Barnack

14 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

So this thread is now a stan war?

anigif_enhanced-22137-1450692207-7.gif

What gets to me is how inept most stanners are. Like posting tweets from people nobody has heard of, and are so over the top in their praise that they smell of being generated in a studio PR department is going to  impress anybody who is not clueless.

• Like 1

I don't think th3 1937 or 1954 versions of this movie have to worry about being displaced from their standing by this version.

What is really sad is I suspect those stanning for this version have never seen the 37 or 54 versions.

And Spears Fans and Gaga Fans fighting each other in this thread???? Sure sign this thread has gone to hell.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't think th3 1937 or 1954 versions of this movie have to worry about being displaced from their standing by this version.

What is really sad is I suspect those stanning for this version have never seen the 37 or 54 versions.

And Spears Fans and Gaga Fans fighting each other in this thread???? Sure sign this thread has gone to hell.

britney spears having fans in 2018 is hell worthy tbh

• ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

britney spears having fans in 2018 is hell worthy tbh

I won't disagree, but find the over the top worship of Lady Gaga to be just as silly.

Look at it this way: Barbra Streisand was a much better singer and a much better actress then Lady Gaga has shown herself to be,and her version of "A Star Is Born" wasn't very good. I doubt this version will be any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

And it is with someone like EmpireCity that the moderation has issues ?

Just report the posts in question so the mods are aware of them and move on. RebWGyw.png Easiest way to deal with such irritations.

19 hours ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Literally where I have worshiped her?  I think her music is just okay.  I just think the people who are so adamantly against her are being ridiculous.

The thing is she is a mainstream Pop act who had only 1 Top 10 single, for 1 week, from year 6 to year 10 of her career, and she needed the Super Bowl Half Time Show coinciding with yet another week of being discounted from $1.29 to $.69 on US iTunes to do it. Literally over 50% of her global record sales and chart stats come from her debut album and its singles. That era of her career went from the release of her debut single in April 2008 to the release of her 2nd LP's lead single in 2011. The means over 50% of her success came in the first 3 years of a now 10 year career. And again, despite her endlessly hyped inclusion Hotel plummeted in the ratings from its American Horror Story predecessors. Her presence isn't going to help this film.

• Like 3