CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

baumer you should remember that none of the films on the weekends you listed had the same amount of hype as F7, none of them had anything like 67M Fridays. It's not a close/fair comparison.

Obviously I looked at them but have my own examples I checked on.

Neo, there are no other examples.  There are examples, and that's it.  I gave you data for the last five  years.

• Like 1

Surprised at how many of my bullish predictions have worked out this year

1. SpongeBob 2 over $150 million DOM 
  2. American Sniper getting a $65-70 million 4 day (my initial predict a week before it did $105 million 4 day) 
  3. Kingsman doing $100 mlilion+ DOM
  4. Furious 7 doing $300 million+ DOM (with a $148 million OW and an empty April, I don't see how it misses $325 million, let alone $300 million) 

Let's see if 2015 can keep this up! 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2

Friday: 67.3

Saturday: 46.4

Sunday: 36.4

150.1M

22% drop on Sunday is impossible.  The absolute minimum it will drop is 35%.

So much for ppl saying this one will drop more than 40% on Saturday.

Who's saying it will drop 40% on Saturday?

great opening day and weekend.  

I don't think the effect should be huge, but the Final Four tonight could be a factor...obviously :P

didn't you hear? it's been cancelled because 80% of the players have tickets to see furious 7 tonight. #hype.

• Like 5

Neo, there are no other examples.  There are examples, and that's it.  I gave you data for the last five  years.

baumer you should remember that none of the films on the weekends you listed had the same amount of hype as F7, none of them had anything like 67M Fridays. It's not a close/fair comparison.

Was going to say this but thought it was obvious.

• Like 1

22% drop on Sunday is impossible.  The absolute minimum it will drop is 35%.

Who's saying it will drop 40% on Saturday?

I'm exaggerating, but a few pages back, there were post mentioning harsh Saturday drops.

• Like 1

But films follow a pattern.  You guys are asking it to buck the odds.  Sure, it could fall below 40% on Sunday, but if it does it will probably still fall in the high 30's.  I'm betting it follows a trend though.  Religion is still bigger than Ma Familia.

• Like 3

But films follow a pattern.  You guys are asking it to buck the odds.  Sure, it could fall below 40% on Sunday, but if it does it will probably still fall in the high 30's.  I'm betting it follows a trend though.  Religion is still bigger than Ma Familia.

harry-never.gif

• Like 1

Maybe for Perry movies, Sandler movies, Rom Coms and not always and especially not with breakouts.

NO WAY.

LA FAMILY ALWAYS!!!!

No, but being serious just a bit, I think it will drop a bit over 40% on Sunday. 

• Like 1

Maybe for Perry movies, Sandler movies, Rom Coms and not always and especially not with breakouts.

Except no.  Like I said, I gave you five years of examples.