CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Its a completely logical argument to use.

Countless celebrities' are still worth billions years after they've died, with their death sometimes causing a spike in interest in them.

I think F7 still would've increased without Walker's death, just not nearly as much.

Avengers 2 probably won't increase becaise it doesn't have much room to grow. The first Avengers experienced a perfect storm opening weekend. It won't be easy yo replicate that success.

Only place where TA 2 will grow is opening day, opening weekend matching it would be great as that would mean healthy increase in ticket sales. 

No not really, it can also grow DOM as well as OS and WW. So you are saying if it does 250M OW it can't do a 2.496X?

No not really, it can also grow DOM as well as OS and WW. So you are saying if it does 250M OW it can't do a 2.496X?

Yep. If it does 250M OW it'll do a 2.495X at best

• Like 3

What reason?

Paul Walker's death?

Are you saying there wouldn't have been an increase had Paul Walker lived?

I do believe there would have been an increase, but you have to take Paul's death into account. lots of people loved that guy. I believe the increase could have accounted for $20m+ of it's opening.

I do believe there would have been an increase, but you have to take Paul's death into account. lots of people loved that guy. I believe the increase could have accounted for $20m+ of it's opening.

Yeah, I don't get at how people can say his death didn't at least have some positive impact on this weekend box office. That's the thing that made non-fans feel like they had to see this.

• Like 7

How is this an official estimate?  Did the studio release that number?  If not then it is not official.

Boxoffice.com is reporting it as an official estimate...

Furious 7 just had the biggest OW since November 2013. It simply smashed all of 2014.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Well, I am happy with my $137 million. $143.6 million estimate puts me at 95% accuracy.

And to be honest, I will not be surprised if the actual goes lower. After all, today is Easter.

Boxoffice.com is reporting it as an official estimate...

Furious 7 just had the biggest OW since November 2013. It simply smashed all of 2014.

Doesn't matter what boxoffice.com reports, it matters what Universal reports.  This is not official if it is coming from a trade magazine.  They are predicting just like we are.  Official estimates come out in about 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Well, I am happy with my $137 million. $143.6 million estimate puts me at 95% accuracy.

And to be honest, I will not be surprised if the actual goes lower. After all, today is Easter.

Yep, I have it at about 137 with a 40% drop today.

• Like 2