sfran43

Thursday's #

Good for Home! It will be interesting to see how well the holdovers fare this weekend. Being a kid's movie, Home seems to be in great shape going into the weekend. Awesome.

LOL what?

Everyone wanted to crap on this without seeing it just because it was DWA and looked too loony and had Jim Parsons. So its good to see the movie breaking out and proving them wrong. The movie isn't even about what the trailers suggest, but people here always want to base everything about a movie on one 2 and 1/2 minute trailer.

• Like 1

Everyone wanted to crap on this without seeing it just because it was DWA and looked too loony and had Jim Parsons. So its good to see the movie breaking out and proving them wrong. The movie isn't even about what the trailers suggest, but people here always want to base everything about a movie on one 2 and 1/2 minute trailer.

And base their box office prediction on their personal perceptions/hatred over a studio/actor etc ;)

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Okay. I know all of that, lol.  You were right from the beginning.  People were crapping all over it.  But I did post about my Cinderella audience going nuts over the trailer. Kids laughed their butts off.  The movie looked awful to me but I've been around box office long enough to know its not how I personally feel about a film.

And base their box office prediction on their personal perceptions/hatred over a studio/actor etc ;)

I find the forum members do this more and more.  It didn't used to be like this.

• Like 3

Okay. I know all of that, lol.  You were right from the beginning.  People were crapping all over it.  But I did post about my Cinderella audience going nuts over the trailer. Kids laughed their butts off.  The movie looked awful to me but I've been around box office long enough to know its not how I personally feel about a film.

I find the forum members do this more and more.  It didn't used to be like this.

Agree, I also feel groupthink also has been prevalent as of late. And also people setting up way too high predictions that when the movie does not meet it, it would feel like the movie is a box office failure even if it  isn't

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Does America also have Thursday and Friday off like we do?

LOL I'm at work. Some people get Good Friday off but a lot of people don't.  Thursday isn't even considered. Some schools are out though.

• Like 2