Neo

The Official 1B WW Thread

I am debating between 400m and 420m. I see when marketing picks up on what I will predict.

I'll do it for you...a week or two before it comes out you'll say the positive buzz and early reviews, plus marketing push and tracking, have you upping your prediction to $175m ow and $480-500m dom...even though you've been thinking that all along ;) Edited by FTF

Neo

1) Ice Age: Continental Drift - 1.095BThe Avengers

2) The Dark Knight Rises - 1.035B

3) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 1.928B

4) Oz, The Great and Powerful - 1.01B

5) Monsters University - 1.127B

Hoping for my calls Bond doesn't do it, but overall would like it a lot of it did it.

Updated list:1) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 1.928B2) Pacific Rim - 1.016B3) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 1.79B4) Transformers 4 - 1.114B5) The Hobbit: There And Back Again - 2.142BNext*: Bond 24 - 1.098B*Right now, grosses can change.

I think some people are really overestimating what The Hobbit films will gross both DOM and WW. I think $400m DOM for the first one if far from a lock.

I think some people are really overestimating what The Hobbit films will gross both DOM and WW. I think $400m DOM for the first one if far from a lock.

350M Domestically is locked, but Overseas... no way it's doing anywhere over 900M as people predicted (Saw 1.5b OS predictions)

What's wrong with a 900m overseas prediction?

It's a little bit too much in my opinion. Yeah, Lord Of The Rings was popular overseas and stuff, but I don't see the Hobbit increasing so much from Return of The King... Overseas the popularity of the movie dropped with every new movie (more money was from inflation - there was Germany chart somewhere around that showed that people were less but money was more)... It'll end up around 800M, maybe near 900M, but I really don't see it passing 900M overseas.It's just my opinion though, not saying it is impossible, but I highly doubt it.