baumer

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The premise of "Tucker & Dale vs Evil" is original and so simple and I can't believe that none thought about it before.What if the rednecks are just some harmless and ready to help guys instead of homicidal,cannibalistic freaks?Well,our heroes are just as this.Dale is a clumsy,uneducated but not unintelligent lad while Tucker is the older and more experienced part of the duo.Their plan is to spend some quality time at Tucker's cottage but unfortunately they meet a bunch of stupid collage kids that mistakes them for murderous maniacs.A girl from the group suffers an accident,Tucker and Dale take her home to help her but the girl's friends think they kidnapped her and try release her.Between the two parts starts a brutal fight,with both thinking the other side is trying to kill them."Tucker & Dale vs Evil" is basically a horror-comedy,but the the horror part is really brief.The title itself is a little deceiving because there is no evil that Tucker and Dale fight against,the conflict coming after lots of misunderstandings.But this doesn't mean there aren't lots of funny scenes,some good slapstick violence(the majority of deaths comes after various accidents) and an insane and almost unstoppable villain.Tyler Labine delivers a nice performance as Dale and Katrina Bowden is really sexy as the poor girl who unintentionally starts the whole mayhem.There is not a lot of gore,so even if you haven't a strong stomach you shouldn't avoid this film,which,by breaking the habits of horror,manages to offer a breath of fresh air.9/10

I don't think I had as pleasent a surprise watching a movie in the first part of this year as I did watching this. A friend of mine was singing its praises so I decided to watch it on Lovefilm on a whim, and absolutely loved it. The lead trio were brilliant, they seemed to be having loads of fun. The others were very cliched but i'm guessing that was the point.The deaths, I have to say were rediculously funny, especially in the chainsaw scene and the wood chipper. Definitely worth a watch for any fan of spoofs.9/10

Edited by Schumacher FTW
  • Like 1

Oh man, more people need to see this.

It's downright hilarious and just one of the more all-around fun films I've seen in a while, with character and heart thrown in to boot. I'd put it right up there with Shaun of the Dead and Slither as far as horror comedies go.

A-

Edited by mattmav45
  • Like 1

Yep, more people need to see this. I enjoyed it immensely. Some of he funniest scenes were watching the friends "kill themselves." When one guy "jumps" into the wood cutter, I almost spewed my pop everywhere.9/10

• Like 1