CoolioD1

WGA Nominees

Only because it was ineligible though.

A number of likely nominees were ineligible. This happens every year. Last year The King's Speech was ineligible but went on to win the Oscar. Nobody should expect to see Bridesmaids, for example, get an Oscar nod.

A number of likely nominees were ineligible. This happens every year. Last year The King's Speech was ineligible but went on to win the Oscar. Nobody should expect to see Bridesmaids, for example, get an Oscar nod.

But Bridesmaids will get an Oscar nod.

Bridesmaids has been getting a lot of love this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get a nod for best pic, and it is imo a lock for screenplay.

"The Artist," "Beginners," "The Iron Lady," "The Lady," "Like Crazy," "Margin Call," "Martha Marcy May Marlene," "Melancholia," "Rango," "Shame" and "Take Shelter" were all ineligible for an Original Screenplay WGA nod. "Albert Nobbs," "Carnage," "Drive," "Jane Eyre," "My Week with Marilyn," "Sarah's Key," "The Skin I Live In" and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" were all ineligible for an Adapted Screenplay WGA nod.

I doubt the line up would look that different if those films were eligible. The Artist would've made it in. MAYBE Margin Call or Tinker Tailor as well.EDIT: Spaghetti beat me to it anyway....

Edited by CoolioD1

Bridesmaids has been getting a lot of love this year. I wouldn't be shocked to see it get a nod for best pic, and it is imo a lock for screenplay.

It won't get a Best Picture nomination LOL. That's laughable. Screenplay nomination? I guess it's more possible but I still seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously doubt it.

But Bridesmaids will get an Oscar nod.

For screenplay? Don't see it happening.

LOL ok.

WGA is the guild that has the largest disparity with that the Academy nominates. Last year 30% of the nominees (Original/Adapted) did not get nominated for the Oscar. And those were the movies (The Town, I Love You Phillip Morris, Please Give) that only got WGA nominations because certain films were ineligible (i.e., The King's Speech).The Artist will take the slot of an WGA Original Screenplay nominee with its eyes closed, and my money is on Bridesmaids. Margin Call could also be a threat to a movie like Win, Win.Adapted is a more difficult call. Those nominees could very well be the final 5, but Tinker Tailor could be a threat to one of The Help, Hugo, or TGWTDT.

I'd put money on Bridesmaids getting in for screenplay. Out of those five Bridesmaids is certainly not the movie The Artist pushes out. More likely Win Win or Young Adult. Tell me a movie that got SAG ensemble, PGA, ADG, WGA noms and didn't get a single Oscar nod.And I totally called the shit out of Bridesmaids being in for screenplay way back in MAY. I just wish my posts on BOM were still around to prove it.