Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Plenty of members here consider HBP one of the best even though a lot of them were mixed on it in the beginning. It's a film that grows on you.

I think it's the whole "snogging" part that turned me off. My favorite part would definitely be anything that Draco was in, since he is actually my second favorite character in the franchise. He's just such a shit, and he doesn't even care to hide it!

Do people really care about the NFL Draft by the time Saturday comes around? Most of the attention is on Thursday when the early rounds are done.

This is somewhat true. I'm an NFL fan but I only really paid attention on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday I just checked who the 49ers picked on my phone and that was it.

I know the fight was big, but people are bringing up all sorts of football games and horse racing???

The Kentucky Derby is pretty much the Superbowl of the football world or Daytona 500 of the Nascar world. Everyone around the world has heard about it, say more than the Breeders Cup Classic or the other two legs of the triple crown.

I think it's the whole "snogging" part that turned me off. My favorite part would definitely be anything that Draco was in, since he is actually my second favorite character in the franchise. He's just such a shit, and he doesn't even care to hide it!

The snogging wasn't that much, but HBP works really well when watching the next two right after.

And the Draco scenes where he looked for the vanishing cabinet, cried when the bird died, etc came from the script, and not the book.

The Kentucky Derby is pretty much the Superbowl of the football world or Daytona 500 of the Nascar world. Everyone around the world has heard about it, say more than the Breeders Cup Classic or the other two legs of the triple crown.

Superbowl of the football world? I thought Superbowl was football?

I know the fight was big, but people are bringing up all sorts of football games and horse racing???

Basketball. Game 7 with San Antonio and Los Angeles Clippers. San Antonio and LA pretty much shut down movie watching because the fight came on right after the game. LA is the second biggest market for movies and it fell off the face of the earth last night.

Also look at the times of each event:

Derby - Afternoon

NBA Playoffs - Evening

NFL Draft - Afternoon and evening

May Vs Manny - Late Night

I mean Sports locked up Saturday pretty much all day.  Not shocked by the Westcoast stories I'm hearing.  

Heck, I heard that celebrities attending the Kentucky Derby had jets on standby ready to leave once the race was over, to take them to the fight.

HBP is so amazing I don't remember a single thing that happened in it.

Wow you're on a roll today. Mad Max must have been really good. I haven't seen you talk so much shit in ages, lol.

• Like 2

The snogging wasn't that much, but HBP works really well when watching the next two right after.

And the Draco scenes where he looked for the vanishing cabinet, cried when the bird died, etc came from the script, and not the book.

It seems to me more than half the middle part of the movie was nothing but snogging with Ron and Lavendar, and I was seriously disappointed with how they handled Draco in the movie compared to the book. 

To me, this weekend has been one roller coaster where the trajectory of the car is only down, down, down downey.  So if it just manages to maintain that 187M estimate that Disney put out, I will be happy.  I'm defensively cautious now for any signs of improved business.

Still, it is kinda nice to hear that maybe it is rebounding somewhat today.

HBP is so amazing I don't remember a single thing that happened in it.

There are things that I know happened in it, because I have read the book, and I remember the last 15 minutes. Other than that I don't remember anything either. I'm like that with most of the Potter films.. they're all just a blur to me.