Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

This has to go well over 50, not to TA level , but 45 has to be a done deal

Sounds good for 52-54M? 194-195M+?

In a nutshell everything on sunday was under estimated

195 for the weekend possible?

All sporting events did have an affect then. Confirmed.

Well thank you for not providing numbers yet. 

gzcKam3.gif

:P

• Like 3

Out of all the upcoming movies, I can see Batman V Superman getting pretty close. If WB has another marketing campaign as good as the Dark Knight, it could very well top it. It's Batman and Superman in the same movie and from all the positive reactions, people have been waiting for and are ready for another Batman.  

We won't know AOU's legs till the next weekend is done anyway, so no use overreacting to any of the daily numbers (not that it will stop people on this board).

No overreactions? Here? Like that's gonna happen. If there's a panic button here it'd be so overused it's no longer functioning.lol

I'm not complaining, it's very fun to watch.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

The roller coaster started earlier than usual this time with all the nonsense deflating the gross on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Didn't it actually start at 1pm on Friday with Deadline's 87M number which was followed in short order by Variety's 89-98M number and THR's 95M number. Looked for all the world that the first 100M OD was a done deal at that point. 

This has been a great weekend on the boards though, right from the breathless sellout reports to the preview number to the initial mid-80s Friday to a possible 100M OD to #FiveExtraHours to the fight and the debate of its effects and ending with a really good but not record breaking weekend number. I am happy I was free this weekend to follow along whenever I found the time.

Edited by grim22

All sporting events did have an affect then. Confirmed.

Saturday was sports heaven. :D  The fight, Spurs/Clippers, Kentucky Derby, Stanley Cup playoffs, NFL Draft and MLB.  

• Like 2

In a nutshell everything on sunday was under estimated

Then the fight ( along with everything else ) did affect it.  

I didn't think it would... I didn't think boxing was very relevant in the USA anymore.

I will say that when I was left at 4:00 for my showing there were cars lined the curbs in my neighborhood.   Whole lotta parties going on.

Didn't it actually start at 1pm on Friday with Deadline's 87M number which was followed in short order by Variety's 89-98M number and THR's 95M number. Looked for all the world that the first 100M OD was a done deal at that point. 

This has been a great weekend on the boards though, right from the breathless sellout reports to the preview number to the initial mid-80s Friday to a possible 100M OD to #FiveExtraHours to the fight and the debate of its effects and ending with a really good but not recording breaking weekend number. I am happy I was free this weekend to follow along whenever I found the time.

Well...Friday night and Saturday morning wasn't a roller coaster, it was a fucking trainwreck.

• Like 5

So anyone else want to post that BvS might top TA1? Thats also been discussed.

It's not.

As much of a BvS fan as I am and it is my #1 most anticipated movie, no way it gets close to TA's number. Best case scenario is a TDKR OW number.

Well...Friday night and Saturday morning wasn't a roller coaster, it was a fucking trainwreck.

To be fair though, the higher the gross, the larger the margin for error. If this was 8.5m rather than the "reported" 9.5m, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Edited by Avenging Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

As much of a BvS fan as I am and it is my #1 most anticipated movie, no way it gets close to TA's number. Best case scenario is a TDKR OW number.

With 3-D and OS growth, I can see it making it past TDKR.

Absolutely agree. I'm so desperately want this movie to break out historically big but things don't go my way in reality. I doubt it'd even top FF7 opening. Edited by KATCH 22

I was busy most of early Saturday, I can only imagine what kind of meltdowns happened with a 12-15M drop from early estimate. I bet Noctis' was happy OD record is still safe.  :lol:

Also for the fight dont think of 3 million buys.

Almost everyone I know who watched it or hosted a party got a free stream as well. 

With the internet age audience was bigger then 3 million buys.

I was busy most of early Saturday, I can only imagine what kind of meltdowns happened with a 12-15M drop from early estimate. I bet Noctis' was happy OD record is still safe.  :lol:

I stayed up for all of it.

Noctis left being pissed that the OD for sure was going down and came back right when everything was being revised.

Friggin' irritating it was.

Absolutely agree. I'm so want this movie to break out historically big but things don't go my way in reality. I doubt it'd even top FF7 openning.

I see BvS opening to 170+ legs though are another thing and I see it barely getting past 1B WW