Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I want them to kill RDJ in Civil War

I also kinda wish we could see what a natural growing Cap 3 would look like, without RDJ. I honestly feel like Chris Evans' Cap now equals RDJ's Tony in audiences' eyes

Not yet, but if CW (and cap himself) is as well liked as Winter Soldier, and if is huge at the box office, then maybe.

Finally! 11 films with the majority of them in 3D needed to take out an older franchise with only one being in 3D! 

PATHEEEETIC <3

MCU wasnt based on the best selling well known books of all time

Here's my OW attendance list.  I've taken into account every factor that was posted as best as I can (IMAX/3D/Other/etc.).  Unfortunately, no one's ever provided a children audience share, so I cannot account for youth tickets, though in some of the weekend breakdowns, we're told the fraction of the audience that is over/under 25.  Notably, 2 of the top 3 openers have a over/under 25 split of 50%, TDK and TA, but SM3 had a split of 63% under the age of 25, so I think it's fair to say that in actuality, it holds the true crown for OW attendance, likely a little over 23M.  In the same manner, you can do a mental adjustment for any film that might lean younger (such as Potter or Shrek, or TDK vs. TA).

TDK - 22.4M

SM3 - 22.1M

TA - 21.8M

DMC - 20.7M

NM - 19.9M

SM1 - 19.7M

TDKR - 19.4M

DH2 - 19.0M

CF - 18.9M

THG - 18.9M

AOU - 18.2M

BD1 - 18.2M

IM3 - 18.1M

BD2 - 18.0M

Shrek 3 - 18.0M

Shrek 2 - 17.5M (20.9M 5-day)

ROTS - 17.0M (24.9M 4-day)

AWE - 17.0M (22.6M 5-day)

I will update this once actuals for Ultron are reported.

• Like 2

Here's my OW attendance list.  I've taken into account every factor that was posted as best as I can (IMAX/3D/Other/etc.).  Unfortunately, no one's ever provided a children audience share, so I cannot account for youth tickets, though in some of the weekend breakdowns, we're told the fraction of the audience that is over/under 25.  Notably, 2 of the top 3 openers have a over/under 25 split of 50%, TDK and TA, but SM3 had a split of 63% under the age of 25, so I think it's fair to say that in actuality, it holds the true crown for OW attendance, likely a little over 23M.  In the same manner, you can do a mental adjustment for any film that might lean younger (such as Potter or Shrek, or TDK vs. TA).

TDK - 22.4M

SM3 - 22.1M

TA - 21.8M

DMC - 20.7M

NM - 19.9M

SM1 - 19.7M

TDKR - 19.4M

DH2 - 19.0M

CF - 18.9M

THG - 18.9M

AOU - 18.2M

BD1 - 18.2M

IM3 - 18.1M

BD2 - 18.0M

Shrek 3 - 18.0M

New Moon's opening weekend is the most impressive.

I want them to kill RDJ in Civil War

I also kinda wish we could see what a natural growing Cap 3 would look like, without RDJ. I honestly feel like Chris Evans' Cap now equals RDJ's Tony in audiences' eyes

Nah, though I do want them to kill Tony Stark in the IW2.  That would be monumental.

TDK - 22.4M

SM3 - 22.1M

TA - 21.8M

DMC - 20.7M

NM - 19.9M

SM1 - 19.7M

TDKR - 19.4M

DH2 - 19.0M

CF - 18.9M

THG - 18.9M

AOU - 18.2M

BD1 - 18.2M

IM3 - 18.1M

BD2 - 18.0M

Shrek 3 - 18.0M

11th in admissions. Fuck. $187m is a shitload of money, but it goes to show the advantage current films have with 350+ IMAX screens, 400 PLF screens, 3D, and general inflation compared to movies like SM3 or especially SM1.

• Like 1

A WWW thread just got created, WTF :rofl: I sent him straight to the dump.

Wait, what? :rofl: I missed it; who made it??

Uh oh. As a disney nerd, it breaks my heart to see them have a year not yet living up to expectations, with Cinderella having a brutal time passing 200M and Age of Ultron now. Yeah Ultron is doing great but everyone set a bar too high for it.

They always have December.

I am calling this, A bigger disepointment then The Hobbit.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

New Moon's opening weekend is the most impressive.

Fuck that.

No but seriously it's true.  That's probably the craziest one on there.  IMO Eclipse's opening was even crazier given the market conditions.  The market was in recession from Alice/Clash in 2010 till THG in 2012, Inception and Eclipse were major outliers IMO.