Noctis

Friday: Devil 16.85 SH2 4.3 DT 3.5 WH 2.6 pg 10

The Devil Inside is a monster. And received a F from cinemascore. When was the last time that happened? Still, it was a huge victory for Paramount. A huge start of the new year. And some thought this wouldn't make 20M OW :lol:

Even if it is slightly overestimated on Friday it is still looking at sub 30% drop. WOM has to be kicking in.

Fudging more likely. PTA was mediocre so sub 30% drop can only be explained by fudging. I mena, it`s a sub 30% drop. Nothing indicated that so I call fudging. Edited by fishnets

I think TDI will break the 30M on OW, but 60M DOM total will not happen. If they do, it will likely be because next weekend is MLK weekend, which will soft is drop.

Fudging more likely. PTA was mediocre so sub 30% drop can only be explained by fudging. I mena, it`s a sub 30% drop. Nothing indicated that so I call fudging.

Previous weekend wasy deflated by New Year's Eve falling on saturday and monday being a free day. Both MI and SH are expected to have about 35% drops so I don't see why DT can't drop even better. And it's PTA for the last few days was second only to MI among wide releases (and it's over 2 and half hour in length so it can't be screened as often) .But by all means keep telling yourself that people hate Craig, WOM is average at best, Devil Inside is a great movie and Sony keeps fudging DT to save face. Edited by Bitcher
  • Like 1

But what's so controversial and infuriating about that ending? It's a crappy ending,sure, but how many of those have we seen? What makes this so particularly bad?

Uh, because it literally acknowledges the laziness of the filmmakers and tells you to solve the rest of the mystery yourself?

Previous weekend wasy deflated by New Year's Eve falling on saturday and monday being a free day. Both MI and SH are expected to have about 35% drops so I don't see why DT can't drop even better. And it's PTA for the last few days was second only to MI among wide releases.But by all means keep telling yourself that people hate Craig, WOM is average at best, Devil Inside is a great movie and Sony keeps fudging DT to save face.

People hate Craig (he was supposed to open and failed), WOM is obviously great (thanks to Maramania who is the only person media and others talk about, not Craig - pushing him in promos was a mistake as Maramania is a true star of the movie) but I don`t get it casue books and Swedish movie are mediocre and boring and TDI`s opening is what Sony hoped for DT but fell way short of thanks to boxoffice poison Craig. Without him, they would have had that big opening Xmas or not.