Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Xtina has the look, the voice and the connections but she's missing something. It's weird that she's a reality TV judge who hasn't had a Gold album or tour in ages. Despite her vocal talent she doesn't have that Beyonce IT Factor. It doesn't help that most of her albums are panned. She also doesn't seem too bright in her interviews. She talks and talks but says little ("I was inspired by motherhood and I feel sexier as a mom!"). 

On topic: hoping Mad Max does well today. 

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 1

LOL You mean the 56 year old who put out her first single 32 1/2 years ago, yet recently got her 21st Billboard 200 Top 10 album and just broke the all time record for the most #1s on any Billboard chart ever?

Rebel Heart, after two SOLO singles, has sold more than Ariana's album globally despite getting 1/500th the radio airplay and exposure so I'm not seeing your point?

Snatch Ariana's ponytail a bit, sis. You a fan of Mariah?

• Like 1

Xtina has the look, the voice and the connections but she's missing something. It's weird that she's a reality TV judge who hasn't had a Gold album or tour in ages. Despite her vocal talent she doesn't have that Beyonce IT Factor. It doesn't help that most of her albums are panned. She also doesn't seem too bright in her interviews. She talks and talks but says little ("I was inspired by motherhood and I feel sexier as a mom!"). 

On Topic: hoping Mad Max does well today. 

Beyonce ain't that educated or eloquent either, sis. Plus, there's a lot of chat about how she might be a thief and such. Though, I do agree, Beyonce definitely has the edge over Xtina.

Sis, most albums being panned? I'd say her last two are the most panned, even though that's about two out of five, excluding My Kind of Christmas, Keeps Getting Better, and Mi Reflejo.

And really, sis? I say quite the opposite. Her interview with Fuse back while promoting Bionic is excellent, same for her E!True Hollywood Story. And Christina's always embraced her sexuality and taken being called a "bitch" as a badge of honor.

Edited by Claire Nolan Holt

So what's MAX looking like this weekend?? About 45M??? That sound about right??? If so, that's tremendous and I hope I get time tomorrow to see it.. Still have to finish up painting my Condo on top of working overnight..

Around 40-45M, yeah.

So what's MAX looking like this weekend?? About 45M??? That sound about right??? If so, that's tremendous and I hope I get time tomorrow to see it.. Still have to finish up painting my Condo on top of working overnight..

I'm hoping it hits $45M+ but worried it come in at $40M or just short of $40M.