kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

when was the last time $30-33M won Memorial Day weekend?

To find a lower grossing MD weekend winner, we need to go to 1995 and Casper. And the last time a new opener didn't win MD was when Revenge of the Sith won in 2005. my mistake, Shrek 4 in 2010.

The next lower grossing winner was Godzilla with 44M but that released on Wednesday.

Saying this is a shitty weekend is basically understating it. 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

BOM didn't have Far from the Madding increasing theaters as of Thursday evening.

That's some bullshit right there.

I know you  North American scum don't care but BOM's international section has been fucked since last year. It seems like they update foreign box office whenever they feel like it. 

The gf said she wanted to see Tomorrowland tonight and I told her I had no interest in seeing it

So we're seeing Tomorrowland tonight

You were kinda expecting that, right? :lol: 

The Shrek 4, PoP, Sex and the City 2 year, I think-

Shrek 4 still earned 44M. It was ridiculous going through prior years on BOM and realizing that there have only been 2-3 winners in the 40M range in the past 20 years. This must be an unprecedented low for MD weekend winners when considering tickets sold. It is basically the fault of Avengers and Star Wars, everyone thought Avengers would dominate again like in 2012 and stayed away and also thought SW7 would take MD weekend release like it always does and scheduled movies elsewhere.

Edited by grim22

Shrek 4 still earned 44M. It was ridiculous going through prior years on BOM and realizing that there have only been 2-3 winners in the 40M range in the past 20 years. This must be an unprecedented low for MD weekend winners when considering tickets sold. It is basically the fault of Avengers and Star Wars, everyone thought Avengers would dominate again like in 2012 and stayed away and also thought SW7 would take MD weekend release like it always does and scheduled movies elsewhere.

There was more than enough time in the end of last year to move a movie to this date. Universal has JW in a good place and WB wouldn't release 3 movies in a row.

There was more than enough time in the end of last year to move a movie to this date. Universal has JW in a good place and WB wouldn't release 3 movies in a row.

I am kind of surprised with the complete lack of animated movies this summer. MD weekend would have been a good spot for a smaller animated movie release like Epic did 2 years ago.

I am kind of surprised with the complete lack of animated movies this summer. MD weekend would have been a good spot for a smaller animated movie release like Epic did 2 years ago.

Epic didn't exactly set the world on fire :lol: 

• Like 1

Yeah this would've been a good spot for Inside Out. Disney shouldve switched it with T-Land and let T-Land suffer the wrath of Minions. 

Edited by Jandrew