kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Oh ok

TL 9.8,PP2 7.5,MMFR 6.8,AOU 6.5, Polt 3.7

TL beat the Monday projection by a million.

PP2 was high by about 200k.

FR was high about 400k.

AoU low by about 400k.

Poltergeist low by 700k.

• Like 2

Very good internal multiplier for Tomorrowland over the long weekend. I think 100m is completely locked.

It's got a chance, now. But it's still not likely, just yet. Depending on how far past 90m it can get under its own steam, Disney may do whatever to get it across the line.

• Like 1

It's got a chance, now. But it's still not likely, just yet. Depending on how far past 90m it can get under its own steam, Disney may do whatever to get it across the line.

With Prince of Persia legs it'd end with 102m. I think that's the low end. Prince had a 3.70 internal multiplier over the 4-days. Tomorrowland looking at 4.46 multiplier. So it seems a bit more family friendly. It should have decent holds until the combo Jurassic World / Inside Out

• Like 3

TL and Poltergeist with significant Monday increases.  I never understood why the studio was giving PG a 50% drop for Monday.  

TL might have some good legs.  It's had good numbers every day.  It didn't open to 50 mill but a 40 4 day for an original film seems pretty decent to me.  

• Like 1

He isn't blaming them. He's imploring us to not accept them, to not let them become true.

For example, it has been widely accepted in a lot of literature that coral reefs will disappear in our lifetime. Following Tomorrowland's views, we shouldn't accept coral reefs will disappear because it hasn't happened yet. We need to take action and prevent it from happening.

But hey, I can agree to disagree, so to each their own.

The "preachiness" is some of the execution faults the film has. But it really isn't terribly bad.

I think it'd be best to agree to disagree, because IMO, even though themes you are mentioning are there, the ones blaming dystopian sci-fi for our failures are much more prevalent

• Like 1