CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

10 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Does anyone think TF:One might have a shot at outgrossing Bumblebee’s $127M DOM numbers or no? Considering the quality this one has. 👩🏻‍💼🤔

I'd bet on it personally, I think it'll land around 150 or so if reception on opening weekend with regular families is really good. After Wild Robot opens up its clear of competition until Wicked. And I do think it and Wild Robot will coexist with each other and we'll see that in Wild Robot weekend 2 and beyond. 

I feel like saying it’ll make more than bumblebee is putting a bit too much stock into it. Still has a very good chance of being kneecapped by wild robot. If anything, I’d wager that even over 120 domestically isn't locked in atm. Early access is good but presales could still go tits up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CheeseWizard said:

I feel like saying it’ll make more than bumblebee is putting a bit too much stock into it. Still has a very good chance of being kneecapped by wild robot. If anything, I’d wager that even over 120 domestically isn't locked in atm. Early access is good but presales could still go tits up 

If it hits that 40 mill ish OW number that the trackers were hovering around then I see no reason for it to not get over 120. This is accounting for Wild Robot in weekend 2 hitting it , I'm still assuming it'll just bounce back and have a very small weekend 3 drop and the movies just coexist the way Inside Out and Despicable Me did until the end of November. A little over a 3x multi will get it there. 

Unless this plays extremely fan heavy, which isn't impossible! That's why I personally put the qualifier of regular families having positive reception, the opening weekend stats need to be heavy on those families having good reception so I'm gonna be eyeing post track. A few of my little cousins are excited to see it that's the only gauge I have on how it's playing to kids right now pre opening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

Just saw it, pretty good I'll admit.

I've only ever seen Bumblebee and bits and pieces of the first Micheal Bay Transformers movie, so who cares about my opinion.

Any opinion is good to hear. How does it compare to Bumblebee in your opinion? 

Honestly the most depressing thing here is that if this movie fails, they’ll likely not do a sequel and argue with Josh Cooley until he leaves like they did with Caple Jr and Knight, and go ahead with the doomed to fail GI Joe crossover, while still somehow keeping Lorenzo Di Bonaventura employed. 

9 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

Honestly the most depressing thing here is that if this movie fails, they’ll likely not do a sequel and argue with Josh Cooley until he leaves like they did with Caple Jr and Knight, and go ahead with the doomed to fail GI Joe crossover, while still somehow keeping Lorenzo Di Bonaventura employed. 

I think this movie's hypothetical failure straight up kills that GI Joe crossover. This'll make it the second franchise underperformance in a row. And with a brand new regime in the works? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if One is the last time we see Optimus and friends on film for a while in the worst case scenario, unless merchandise sales are through the roof.

I could care less for a GI Joe crossover. However, I did have a blast with ROTB and would love to see a direct sequel with the same characters, but without any of the GI Joe stuff. The trailers for Transformers One unfortunately haven't been able to convince me yet, but if the GA loves it as much as the hardcore fans did this past weekend, I'd be willing to give it a chance.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Really sad people that saw the live action Transformers films aren't giving this a chance because it is animated. Reminds me of how people wrote off the first Spiderverse because it was animated and not live action Spider-Man.

Then, people went and gave the sequel more of a chance.

23 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Bring back Bay.

He has nothing to offer the franchise anymore imo. He started and made the style and saw it's massive heights and also its catastrophic fall off. I generally don't care for his Transformers movies outside of the first one that I actually really like and some of the third one that I enjoy a lot, but I can see his passion behind them through it all and his Bay-isms that make it fun. The Last Knight was just sad though, I don't know if he was bored with the franchise or what. I didnt follow the production on that so I don't know what happened there but it was noticable. If he's gonna come back and just do more of that it's gonna be more Rise of the Beasts level box office or worse. 

• Like 3