Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but what's going on with Box Office Mojo? I've noticed Ray doesn't write their reports anymore, and ever since his departure BOM is always so slow to update. What's up with that? Hopefully they get their act together soon and this isn't the 'new normal' for BOM.

Dear Box Office Mojo,

I would have recommended if you fire Keith Simanton since he is a horrible writer and is very busy updating box office numbers. He also made a lot of mistakes such as "Cannot have more than six movies to compare" in the Rock showdown. I want you return Ray Subers as a writer again because a lot of people like him and has no complaints.

Sincerely yours, Novathron

• Like 2

Dear Box Office Mojo,

I would have recommended if you fire Keith Simanton since he is a horrible writer and is very busy updating box office numbers. He also made a lot of mistakes such as "Cannot have more than six movies to compare" in the Rock showdown. I want you return Ray Subers as a writer again because a lot of people like him and has no complaints.

Sincerely yours, Novathron

dhMeAzK.gif

• Like 3

Er, I get the impression people are mocking my post? I was just asking if anyone knew what the story was, wow.

(If there is no hostility intended and I'm reading into things too much, disregard this.)

No one is mocking you, thats really what happened to BOM. Ray left and joined Paramount, and this Keith dude replaced him and is terrible. BOM is still alive, but its still terminal.

Er, I get the impression people are mocking my post? I was just asking if anyone knew what the story was, wow.

(If there is no hostility intended and I'm reading into things too much, disregard this.)

No we all agree that the site has gone to hell.

No one is mocking you, thats really what happened to BOM. Ray left and joined Paramount, and this Keith dude replaced him and is terrible. BOM is still alive, but its still terminal.

Ray got tired of Paramount fudging every even Transformers movie making him have to put an asterisk in the weekend report, he decided to fix the problem from within :P

• Like 5

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but what's going on with Box Office Mojo? I've noticed Ray doesn't write their reports anymore, and ever since his departure BOM is always so slow to update. What's up with that? Hopefully they get their act together soon and this isn't the 'new normal' for BOM.

over the past few years the site has gotten worse, but particularly in the last 6 months it's gotten really bad. A couple of weeks ago, Ray Subers left BOM and IMDB has got their chief editor to look after the site. It's being updated much less and the articles are much poorer. They're hiring someone new to manage the site but I don't expect it'll get any better.