Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Man, I really didn't like SAN ANDREAS.

I'm surprised you went to see it over TOMORROWLAND lol.

SA is a fun popcorn watch though to me; it's not trying to be anything great, but that's okay.

Although I'm still pissed The Rock and Paul Giamatti never shared a scene

<_<

I'm surprised you went to see it over TOMORROWLAND lol.

SA is a fun popcorn watch though to me; it's not trying to be anything great, but that's okay.

Although I'm still pissed The Rock and Paul Giamatti never shared a scene

<_<

I was tempted to see TOMORROWLAND... the showtimes just didn't work out that well today.

I was tempted to see TOMORROWLAND... the showtimes just didn't work out that well today.

You'd probably like it more. It does have some really good moments in it despite being an overall disappointment, whereas SAN ANDREAS is enjoyable as a SyFy movie feel. Hope you get the opportunity to check it out.

And if you don't... you have the real Pixar alum masterpiece to take Tele Jr. to in two weeks ;)

You'd probably like it more. It does have some really good moments in it despite being an overall disappointment, whereas SAN ANDREAS is enjoyable as a SyFy movie feel. Hope you get the opportunity to check it out.

And if you don't... you have the real Pixar alum masterpiece to take Tele Jr. to in two weeks ;)

"Enjoyable" isn't the word I would use. :lol:

Ugh, Deadline updated but with no numbers for the important movie.

Wait, it did, I lied. 3m-3.2m. That's shit. Estimated weekend 7-7.5m Yeah, great legs, guys.

Edited by Mad Travod

Wait, it did, I lied. 3m-3.2m. That's shit. Estimated weekend 7-7.5m Yeah, great legs, guys.

They're low. Estimates will be higher. Mark my words.

(edit: what number did you expect? I'm tracking this through a rough spreadsheet calculator I built and it's still on track for $150m. So... relax.) ;)

Edited by Telemachos

I had trouble thinking of the correct word. Deficit under? Deficit of 1m under? IDK. But 8.5 was the goal.

Whose goal? Yours? :P

The movie hasn't dropped more than 46% each weekend for its entire run. Most of the drops have been low 40s. It's been remarkably consistent. This week, even with a substantial theater loss (and I suspect also being moved into smaller venues), it's still only going to drop 44-45%. It also has strong weekdays so it continues to make money throughout the week; it's not just a weekend warrior.

• Like 1

LOL. What's your problem? Mad Max is doing terrific. If you look this weekend on previous years you'll see this are the typical Sat increases for this time of the year. But hey, keep doing your shit mate

I am sorry, but SPY's opening weekend sucks. It was tracking at 40-45 million. I mean Jason Statham coming off Furious 7 & mellisa in summer comedy/action with months of screenings to spread the word, should have resulted in at least 35 million. No excuses.

I can't see a franchise unless it has great legs and ends up with 115+ million domestically. But doing less than Bridesmaid and The Heat..will hurt since it is Paul Feig's best and most expensive movie. maketing sucked. Fox needs to fire their marketing department.

Now they have Paper Towns, Fantastic Four and Hitman for the summer....none of them have been marketed properly especially their superhero/CBM.

Edited by marveldcfox

"Enjoyable" isn't the word I would use. :lol:

I saw it today and 'enjoyed' it.

However I'll admit I knew exactly what I'd get going into it and my expectations were lower then for a movie like Tomorrowland.

This is not unique to the Movie business.

It's not unusual at my company for us to talk about 'setting the proper exceptions for the client'

So often movies seem to 'flop' mainly because the studio did not set the proper expectations.

Yikes, Hitman is gonna be a flop for Fox.

What was Spy at for "official" tracking? I know many BOT members (myself included) were saying 40-45M but was anyone else saying that?