Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Best case scenario for "Minions."

$315-$335M.

It's the last huge blockbuster of the summer.

Last blockbuster of the summer? Aren't you forgetting Ant-Man, Fantastic Four and Mission Impossible?

You guys are WAYYYY too confident in Minions. I'm not saying this is the be all end all metric, but trailer views give an idea of comparing interest levels:

This is going to be exactly like Puss In Boots. 

Yeah because Puss in Boots was clearly the star of Shrek 2, 3, and 4. I forgot people go to DM to see Margo, Edith, and Agnes over everything else. The Minions are clearly the side characters and thats where they belong, on the side.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Yeah because Puss in Boots was clearly the star of Shrek 2, 3, and 4. I forgot people go to DM to see Margo, Edith, and Agnes over everything else. The Minions are clearly the side characters and thats where they belong, on the side.

Minions got people in Tue theater but they certainty what caused the. Great WoM

You guys are WAYYYY too confident in Minions. I'm not saying this is the be all end all metric, but trailer views give an idea of comparing interest levels:

DM2: 32.6m trailer views

Minions: 16.9m trailer views

This is going to be exactly like Puss In Boots. They take a popular character and make a spin-off movie that people enjoy, but will not come anywhere close to the franchises numbers, because the reason for the original series gross is all of the elements pulling from many different demographics giving something for each person to enjoy. Minions cuts out Gru and the girls and that will hugely effect the gross from the older crowd. The kids were already completely enamoured with the minions, but that won't be anywhere close to enough to hit 250 let alone 350m. Mark my words.

What are you talking about? The official Minions trailer has 25.8M views

Edited by grim22

Last blockbuster of the summer? Aren't you forgetting Ant-Man, Fantastic Four and Mission Impossible?

I meant the last zeitgeister one. The one to do a bit over $300M.

And no, I haven't forgot Ant-Man, F4 and MI5. But...those films probably won't gross to $300M DOM. Maybe Ant-Man, due to the Marvel-brand..maybe. MI5 could get as high as $235M. And F4?....well I could see that do a bit above the original with $164M.

If the 110M budget is correct, San Andreas is already making money for WB

SAN ANDREAS: $188M Overseas Total / $287.06M Global Total #SanAndreas

— BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) June 7, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow, that's a terrific number, especially considering its OW wasn't that huge overseas.

If the 110M budget is correct, San Andreas is already making money for WB

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm so happy this is a success. I want more disaster movies like this. 

You're right, trailer views for a movie released two years ago are totally comparable to trailer views one month before release...

Why don't we compare the ACTUAL views, if it's so important to you, hmm?

It's now 32 days until Minions releases.

Minions trailer views 32 days before release - 25.8M

Despicable Me 2 trailer views 32 days before release - 25.1M

Where the hell is a Minions trailer with 25m views and how the hell do you get data for such a specific timeline?

Yeah and that Minions 16.9m trailer came out 7 MONTHS ago, so it's really not all that different.

I meant the last zeitgeister one. The one to do a bit over $300M.

And no, I haven't forgot Ant-Man, F4 and MI5. But...those films probably won't gross to $300M DOM. Maybe Ant-Man, due to the Marvel-brand..maybe. MI5 could get as high as $235M. And F4?....well I could see that do a bit above the original with $164M.

:rofl: 300m for Antman? More like 150m if it's lucky.

This is exactly the same argument people had about Transforners. Sam doesn't matter, he's only a supporting character. All people care about is the Transformers. Result? 100m drop with no change other then Sam and his parents. Gru, the girls and the minions are all equal in character importance. You take away 2 and it's a 100m drop minimum. I think Inside Out will eat into it as well, which is why I have Minions at 215m.

• Like 1