K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I dont know where everyone is getting this reboot nonsense from. I said sequel, in the same vein as JW.

Ooh, maybe Brody's kids are all grown up and back at Amity Island. And one's the sheriff and one's the mayor. And Bruce's great-great-great-great-great-grandson comes back for revenge.

8524698.jpg

• Like 11

If you're not Leo DiCaprio or Denzel Washington - who can open just about any concept they like - star power is all about match ups between star and vehicle.

Jennifer Aniston in a drama is useless, but in a comedy is a gold mine. Will Smith can't open a film like Focus any more, but as the lead in Suicide Squad, he will be huge.

• Like 1

Key part of the quote.

No, it's not quite like the old days where Brad Pitt or Stallone or Schwarzenegger could yawn and generate worldwide biz (and buzz). But at the same time, when you're making a sequel to an extremely popular movie and the main star isn't back, there's just not gonna be the same hype or excitement as there would've been.

INDY 4 without Harrison Ford doesn't come close to 300m, for example.

Pitt's at his peak now. He had what, 1 100 million hit, prior to 2001?

WWZ is a good example an iffy concept which was legitimized by a big time star and really benefitted from Pitt's presence. Pitt can't open any concept, but if it's a big concept, hes good.

Edited by ExcelFTW

Ooh, maybe Brody's kids are all grown up and back at Amity Island. And one's the sheriff and one's the mayor. And Bruce's great-great-great-great-great-grandson comes back for revenge.

8524698.jpg

Who said anything about Amity? I was thinking more like Brody's kids heading to Myrtle Beach.

If you're not Leo DiCaprio or Denzel Washington - who can open just about any concept they like - star power is all about match ups between star and vehicle.

Jennifer Aniston in a drama is useless, but in a comedy is a gold mine. Will Smith can't open a film like Focus any more, but as the lead in Suicide Squad, he will be huge.

Denzel's bankability pretty much falls off internationally, unlike DiCaprio. Among actresses it pretty much Jolie and Bullock and then everyone else.

Who said anything about Amity? I was thinking more like Brody's kids heading to Myrtle Beach.

I know! They should do it at a Sea World type park where the shark gets in and starts terrorizing all the visitors. In 3D!!!

Box office gold right there. 

• Like 1

How awesome/apropos would it be if it opened to a 65 mill Friday?

I don't want to get my hopes up so much. I want to wait. Rth must show up tonight.

• Like 1

They really should reboot Jaws.

I think a JAWS reboot with the proper cast, (get Pratt as Hooper and I'm there) would generate a lot of interest.  I'd be totally interested in seeing what they do with it.

I think a JAWS reboot with the proper cast, (get Pratt as Hooper and I'm there) would generate a lot of interest.  I'd be totally interested in seeing what they do with it.

Jaws reboot with The Rock...

:thinking:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/19049-meg-based-on-the-nyt-bestseller-about-a-giant-shark-described-as-“jurassic-park-with-a-shark”-warner-bros/

Done.. And like I said, they should give a preview of this thing in the JW Sequel and for the MEG movie itself, I want  Universal Studios to call Richard Dreyfuss to reprise his role as Matt Hooper for the movie to tie it in with the 1974 JAWS.. Both movies are and will be made by the same studio, so it can be done... It would make a lot of $$$$ doing this...

1975 JAWS.

• Like 2

Get Pratt as E.T. in a remake and i'm game. Also if he played Leo's role in Catch Me If You Can. And as Lincoln!

Jaws reboot with The Rock...

:thinking:

No.  He doesn't fit the big three.  You'd need a guy like Clooney playing Brody, a guy like Pratt playing Hooper and maybe a guy like Gerard Butler playing Quint.