K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

This happening to what was supposed to be Pixar kind of "Renaissance".

Sad.

I hate when a very long streak ends.

Like it matters. IO could have the biggest weekend by far of any Pixar original film and still come in second.

I swear these sell out reports makes me want to see it again today.  I haven't seen a movie three times opening weekend since.....

And besides, its not like everyone watching GOT plans on seeing JW tonight, if at all, and not everyone that watches GOT is going to watch tonight, theres HBO Go

Hey now, don't be bringing logic and reality in to it!

• Like 1

When you consider how many product placements there were, it's even possible that they had made most of their money back even before selling a single ticket. For example Man of Steel made 160 million dollars in product placements alone.

Edited by KingoftheWorld
  • Like 1

No, we're good. I said I think it will drop 15%. I only said it needs to drop less than 20% to get the record. So anything under 20%, I win, anything 25% and over he wins, anything in between is a push.

Sounds fair to me. I'll take that for sure. Also bishop lol at how silly you look in the way you post, respond.

• Like 1

Lol wtf? You are so silly, I know B probably longer, better than you. He can speak for himself. 22.5% is the middle then, I didn't know what his prediction was.

No, read a few posts up....we're good.

Guys i love JP 1 and John williams score is one of the most mindblowind experience in cinema i ever had but:

Michael giacchino's score of thie one after 2.00 is Outpaced wiliiams i m sorry what an EPIC ending to a movie remenber batman 89 ending seriously the same.

HBO has 3 season finales total but GoT is the biggest.

WWE has a PPV

NBA Finals Game 6

Vs

JW.

Money in the Bank. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it.

• Like 1

When you consider how many product placements there was, it's even possible that they had made most of their money back even before selling a single ticket. For example Man of Steel made 160 million dollars in product placements alone.

That's not how it works. The film's budget was only $150 million because of the product placement.

Edited by PDC1987

I was impressed with Pratt and Howard in this movie. Pratt felt like a good combination of Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum in the original film. Plus he's a badass military guy on top of his intelligence and respect for nature.

The only flaw I've ever complained about in the original film was those annoying kids. This time around the kids were much better, nowhere near as stupid and easier to root for.

You can't beat the original JP but I really do think they did the best you could hope for in approaching the quality of that original film. Great job by everyone involved in the production of Jurassic World.

• Like 6

That's not how it works. The film's budget was only $150 million because of product placement.

Is that confirmed?

Again yall are over blowing the NBA game.... early may is season finale time for broadcast and if those don't effect the boxoffice than the game won't either.... Logic people - we aren't talking the super bowl.

• Like 1

Again yall are over blowing the NBA game.... early may is season finale time for broadcast and if those don't effect the boxoffice than the game won't either.... Logic people - we aren't talking the super bowl.

We are talking a record NBA finals in all the key demographics, do not talk it down like its nothing ESP when kids can now just go see it tomorrow instead since school is out.

• Like 1

I think it will have a small effect but I still expect spillover in the neighborhood of $4-5m, which will deliver a new record tomorrow.

That's not how it works. The film's budget was only $150 million because of the product placement.

No, you don't understand how budgets work. Budget is the money they use in production. It doesn't matter whether it comes from studios or sponsors. 

Edited by KingoftheWorld

No, you don't understand how budgets work. Budget is the money they use in production. It doesn't matter whether it comes from studios or sponsors. 

Well in that case I have no idea how they kept the budget as low as $150 million.

• Like 1