K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Just for some perspective AOU made more domestic and worldwide than any movie in 2013 or 2014.

The fact that AOU might come in 3rd domestic and 4th worldwide says less about AOU and more about what an insane year this is.

• Like 3

That DC Universe is going to blow up in WB's faces. Really interested to see what Aquaman(LOL, you thought Antman was far fetched?) does....if it even makes it to shoot after WW flops.

lol worlds been waiting for ww for a longtime. You got to be kidding. Just the interest alone will ensure it doesnt flop. Gail looks awesome! You need to curb your mouth after talking smack about jpw im sure. Now jpw is boasting the biggest comeback for an old franchise in history potentially

That DC Universe is going to blow up in WB's faces. Really interested to see what Aquaman(LOL, you thought Antman was far fetched?) does....if it even makes it to shoot after WW flops.

Lol, tell me about it.

Watching Entourage , I thought Aquaman was a made up superhero so the series could be meta and make fun of the superhero movie genre.

Then I learned that Aquaman was in deed a superhero of the DC roster, I was like, WTF ?

• Like 2

Lol, tell me about it.

Watching Entourage , I thought Aquaman was a made up superhero so the series could be meta and make fun of the superhero movie genre.

Then I learned that Aquaman was in deed a superhero of the DC roster, I was like, WTF ?

James Cameron was asked if he'd want to really direct an Aquaman movie while doing the AVTR junket. 

Cameron: "Have you read an Aquaman comic book?"

• Like 1

I'm normally not one of the, "Hey, I loved that band before they were cool!" people....

....but I knew this was going to be huge.  I never thought record-breaking huge, but huge.  The premise, trailers, and timing were all perfect.

Superhero movies have peaked (barring it being a masterpiece, BvS will disappoint same as AOU), and I think the zeitgeist is itching for some old-fashioned, family-friendly thrills without superheroes.

You do realize people have been proclaiming the end of superheroes movies since George W Bush was in the white house, right?

On a somewhat related note:

V0GfU1T.png

LEGO Jurassic World is a lot of fun so far. Would recommend if you want to have fun with your kids. Been playing this with my niece for the last two days. 

All the movies into video game form. They even use the original film lines and put them into the game.  :lol:

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 2

You do realize people have been proclaiming the end of superheroes movies since George W Bush was in the white house, right?

Yeah, and "people" also proclaimed the collapse of Enron.

Which "people" are you talking about?

You're arguing with yourself: nobody said they'd "end", we said they'd "peaked".

It's amazing how much inanity can be in a single sentence.

JW's OW ranks among the most amazing BO stories of all time, from my perspective.

1. Titanic

2. JW OW

3. Greek Wedding

4. Avatar

5. TA (I was the one calling it "The Celebrity Apprentice of superhero movies" for months before its release)