K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I thought it was pretty close between the 2.

There has been countless debates, but it's hard to say really considering inflation, 3D, etc.

Yep, and certain people like me who either A) avoided the weekend, B ) couldn't get into sold-out shows, C) were otherwise busy, D) are actually off certain weekdays, or even E) waited to hear WOM...forbodes a VERY good Monday and week!  I'm seeing this in a few hours for the first time...will report back here on crowd and my impression, etc. after.

Welcome!

And I look forward to your report! ;)

I'm a long time "guest" but registered just to say it's definitely Pratt on a motorcycle with the Raptors. Plenty of action movies will have scenes like what Vin Diesel did but Pratt's scene was iconic. 

I think the biggest money shot in JW is a spoiler

• Like 1

OK, the trades are reporting on this already, not waiting for a final number. Variety's front page is:

‘Jurassic World’ Scores Biggest Opening Weekend in History

So Awesome.

Widest release in Universal's history = not underbooking theatres, right?  I think the sold out shows are simply due to an extraordinary, and yes, under-estimated demand...but not underbooking theatre numbers...

Widest release in Universal's history = not underbooking theatres, right?  I think the sold out shows are simply due to an extraordinary, and yes, under-estimated demand...but not underbooking theatre numbers...

It played in less theaters than TA and AOU though.

• Like 1

I thought SM3 had it in tickets?

To be honest with you I think its easier just to say SM1, TDK and TA were all as big as each other domestically.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Last report we had was that 48% of these receipts are from 3-D, right?  That, to me, is also rather impressive...everyone I talk to usually seems complacent or ambivalent about 3-D...but this got them out for it...