K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

How would you know that? :P

Knowledge, my friend.

Same way I knew what would happen this weekend, or that T4 last summer would way underperform to under 250m, or that Skyfall would explode to 300m, or that Narnia 2 would tank, Iron Man 1 would break out, Pirates 3 would fall mightily from 2, Transformers 1 would blow up, etc, all months in advance.

My instincts >>>> ;)

Too bad for half the big movies that come out, my gut is mixed.

Edited by ExcelFTW

People here have been pushing a huge OW since last year as well. There were a lot of doubters here too (heck, I was one of them), but it's not like you folks at KJ were the only ones predicting this.

Oh I know, but general predicts here were way too low. I told everybody that the past few days. KJ's average prediction was mid 140s IIRC.

Knowledge, my friend.

Same way I knew what would happen this weekend, or that T4 last summer would way underperform to under 250m, or that Skyfall would explode to 300m, or that Narnia 2 would tank, Iron Man 1 would break out, Pirates 3 would fall mightily from 2, Transformers 1 would blow up, etc, all months in advance.

My instincts >>>> ;)

Except, of course, where your instincts are completely wrong. ;) Full kudos for your accurate predictions, but it's only honest to own up to your failures as well.

• Like 1

Oh I know, but general predicts here were way too low. I told everybody that the past few days. KJ's average prediction was mid 140s IIRC.

Even that was too low. I had it at like 130m, but way underpredicted as well.  :lol:

• Like 1

Knowledge, my friend.

My instincts >>>> ;)

Too bad for half the big movies that come out, my gut is mixed.

wow, so you get every prediction right?  

Incredible.

Water has a point, though. Rth over-predicted every single day of AOU's OW. Folks round these parts were mighty defensive about that at yhe time and it still seems a touchy subject.

Early numbers are nice but finals are what I'm waiting for. JW has sailed far past the $130M I privately thought it would make, though it seemed others had it pegged much lower. It's nice to watch Chris Pratt's career riding his raptor-pack to the top. :P

Because a couple posters in particular were being ridiculously disrespectful towards RTH over it.

• Like 1

Except, of course, where your instincts are completely wrong. ;) Full kudos for your accurate predictions, but it's only honest to own up to your failures as well.

Well, I've been wrong before. ;) Not often by a lot, maybe a handful of times.

My issue is week to week predicting for smaller films....no idea.

• Like 1

Let's just say given certain amusement parks I've visited and the geosocioeconomic status of the park, I find Gopher's complaints about the product placement to be a bit on the absurd side

Oh that. I'll probably agree with you; the only time product placement has bothered me in a movie was Watler Mitty and here it'd make plenty of sense

wow, so you get every prediction right?  

Incredible.

I wish. I've got a pretty good feel for big blockbusters, but that's pretty much it.

Edited by ExcelFTW

The tracking sample is looking to be the biggest or 2nd biggest ever

If it follows GOTG's internal multiplier, we got a weekend of 189-197M.

AKA passing Avengers 2 OW is actually possible if the numbers hold.

Again, holy fucking shit.

• Like 1

Well shit, you should play Baumer's game, it sounds like you'd win in a landslide.

They've got their own summer game there, very similar to the one here.  

• Like 1

Taking credit for your "140-200" comment to mean accurately claiming it would be 190+ is absurd. Plus, pre-opening, there were others far more vocal about it opening enormously. Please step off your high horse here.

if you think it's ok for people to villainize me for the 140 then i can take credit for the 200. people asked how 140 was possible and i gave my reasoning, just like how if they had asked how 200 was possible i would have given my reasoning. in both cases it would mean that the 70 number was incorrect, which as it turns out it is.