jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

nope. I will check on how much albums titanic sold. I could have sworn its the number one or numbet 2 movie album of all time

Hey sup how's it going? :)

Just curious, if you had to rank Cameron's 3 best films, then his #1 worst, what would they be?

http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/the-best-selling-movie-soundtracks-of-all-time-a-quickie-srl.php

Here you go PDC. Seems your wrong. This list is old bu Titanic and Greece are tied but this only has the domestic side of the charts.

I figure if this is saying 8. Then OS titanic should have defintely demolished Grease WW.. So yep about 25-30M units WW.

As Titanic is obviously going to beat Greece in OS love. Wow Whitneys Body guard movie sold 16+M units domestically alone.

Maybe Bodyguard is the biggest movie album of them all lol

Titanic did not "effect music". Countless soundtracks have sold well and spawned hit singles. If the Grease Soundtrack were properly certified with the RIAA it would be 20x Platinum, Titanic is 11x Platinum.

I think you're understating how amazing Titianic's soundtrack performance was.

Pretty much every other huge selling soundtrack does so by the songs. Grease, The Lion King, The Bodyguard, 8 Mile, Frozen... they're up there because of the singing.

Titanic did it as a score. It was totally unprecedented.

(As far as singles, while several soundtracks have produced ones that are hits, My Heart Will Go On is the second bestselling in history. I Will Always Love you is the only one that's sold better. And other soundtracks that produce hit singles, such as Robin Hood's (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, tend not to sell especially well besides the single.)

I don't know how you can mark it affecting music, though. So you're probably right there.

My Blockbuster filmmaker ranking.

1. James Cameron

2. Steven Spielberg

3. Christopher Nolan

4. Michael Bay

5. Peter Jackson

6. Robert Zemeckis

7. Ridley Scott (even though he gave me much pain from his recent output)

8. Bryan Singer

9. The Wachoskis

10. Zack Snyder

11. JJ Abrams

12. Roland Emmerich

Hey sup how's it going? :)

Just curious, if you had to rank Cameron's 3 best films, then his #1 worst, what would they be?

Hmmm Piranah 2.. He had alot to do with righting Rambo 2. lol So maybe we could include that because of his involvement

. Though they messed up his more awesome script or screenplay because of budget constraints.

Next on camerons list would be hmmmm.. True lies... True lies is awesome , but I think its below the Abyss Dajk Buddy.

What do you think are his worst and best :).

His top ones for me.

Titanic.. Numero Uno Epic of all time!! Tied Ben Hur for oscars ate up all the golden globes and bafta and tons of other awards.

Terminator 2 Judgement Day. To this day it and Indiana Jones 3 are considered the best sequels of all time :)( Judgement day is better

than Indy 3 though)

Avatar I.... The greatest out of body and movie experience I have ever had and so spirtual.

Aliens

Terminator

Abyss

True Lies

Edited by Superman001

lol judging avtar got oscars,wad more successful than jp in every regard and a far superior movie to jaws. You got to be kidding lol.

Avatar is going to eat all these films alive including jp world. And usually when you adk folks their top films of all time. Guess what, its avatar,titanic,t2, forrest gump,jp, et,empire strikes back. Speilberg is a bit down the list bub lol

You mean the 1993 film that did $915m worldwide in its initial run with much lower ticket prices, no 3D/IMAX, without the explosion of many developed markets. 

JP1 sold 86m tickets in its initial run, which is roughly 10m more tickets than Avatar.

Not that admissions or grosses determine how beloved a film is...because let's face it...saying that Avatar is a "far superior" movie to Jurassic Park would sound ludicrous to most people. 

And I saw Avatar FOUR times in theaters, so sit your ass down before accusing me of hating on it.

• Like 5

1. James Cameron

2. Steven Spielberg

3. Christopher Nolan

4. Michael Bay

5. Peter Jackson

6. Robert Zemeckis

8. Bryan Singer

9. The Wachoskis

10. Zack Snyder

11. JJ Abrams

12. Roland Emmerich

I don't see Brad Bird or Gore Verbinski :angry:

http://www.pajiba.com/seriously_random_lists/the-best-selling-movie-soundtracks-of-all-time-a-quickie-srl.php

Here you go PDC. Seems your wrong. This list is old bu Titanic and Greece are tied but this only has the domestic side of the charts.

I figure if this is saying 8. Then OS titanic should have defintely demolished Grease WW.. So yep about 25-30M units WW.

As Titanic is obviously going to beat Greece in OS love. Wow Whitneys Body guard movie sold 16+M units domestically alone.

Maybe Bodyguard is the biggest movie album of them all lol

That list is a joke. No sources and it cites RIAA certs, which are not automatically given and are terribly outdated for many.

1. James Cameron

2. Steven Spielberg

3. Christopher Nolan

4. Michael Bay

5. Peter Jackson

6. Robert Zemeckis

8. Bryan Singer

9. The Wachoskis

10. Zack Snyder

11. JJ Abrams

12. Roland Emmerich

Wait wait you put Nolan over Zemekis?

Back to the future, Forrest Gump.. Outsold any Nolan franchse :P.  Forrest Gump was huge huge... I guess you cant compare eras

but did Nolan outgross Zemekis yet???

I don't see Brad Bird or Gore Verbinski :angry:

I love Verbinski, his Pirates trilogy is classic blockbuster filmmaking to me but I don t like Lone Ranger at all, it put me to sleep.

Brad Bird is fucking brilliant but he s only done two live action.

I love this forum but I gotta admit, the only thing that saddens me a bit is the constant bashing of Avatar ...

It s like sports for some of you to constantly reminding us how Avatar is not good, or relevant or lame.

:(  :(

Could you start bullying another film from now on ?

I love this forum but I gotta admit, the only thing that saddens me a bit is the constant bashing of Avatar ...

It s like sports for some of you to constantly reminding us how Avatar is not good, or relevant or lame.

:(:(

Could you start bullying another film from now on ?

How do you think I feel? All the constant hate on Transformers. :(