#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Before home video, you didn't know if you would ever get to see the movie again. Imagine being a person who fell in love with Star Wars in 1977. You'd probably go see it dozens upon dozens of times because you weren't sure there would be another chance.

I was a 13 yr old when star wars came out.. every week we begged our parents to go see it , finally in week 22 a neighbors kid came back into town and took us.   it was sold out for 25 weeks on our city. the wait in the 22 week was 1.5 hrs and we stood  outside 6 blocks away. 2 shows a day back then early and late.. all my friends loved it but there was no going back 2-3 times.  as a kid i never heard of anyone going to see a movie more than once. i never did until after college and that was only to take my dad or girlfriend who hadnt seen it.  even today none of my movie going friends go more than once, my kids may if they go with a different group of friends but it is vert rare

• Like 1

Highest 2nd weekend (previous was Avatar) phenomenal under 40% drop and holidays coming up

Also Aus has Minons and IO this weekend as well , Minions is looking to be +60% over IO (+24 with previews added from LW), two years ago it was DM2/MU released same time.

Germany JW Friday was up 9% LW and Sat will stay  about same, UK looking at sub 35% drop (from fri-sun LW)

JW is a monster.

We tend to see any movie we like at least twice these days.  This year we've seen AOU, Tomorrowland and Cindy twice.  We'll see JW and IO a 2nd time.

We saw Avengers a lot... 4-6 times but some of them were because of double/triple features with other marvel films.

Since we do Disney Cruises almost every year the last few years I've seen a ton of Disney movies multiple times.

The record is Frozen which I've seen an unbelievable number of times.

Lets see how many movie fans we have

I am watching KNIGHTS right now.

Hint: it's and 90's film

then tonight I am going to see Rumble Kings. I will have to answer questions and things and give input on scenes. Should be fun, free popcorn and drinks.

Edited by Mitch

To say Jurassic World's success means Genesis will succeed is just fucking stupid. Inflation is something to consider, yes, but so is a dwindling audience. I also didn't realize Arnold was still a draw. Why? Cause he's not.

It shows that audiences are digging nostalgia right now. How do you know he's not a draw in a Terminator still?

The most times I've seen a film in theaters is DH1 - 7 times.

Seriously, what was Rowling thinking ? She even admitted it herself.

Hermione and Harry should have ended up together and they should have kissed passionately after that cute, romantic dance scene.

Incredible CGI work. Truly.

Ya, notice the thigh of I-REX, once he hits the ground you see the ripple of the skin from the bone. That sells it for me right there......