#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

And? I've been posting since year one of the BOM forums. I'm not the "new" anyone kid

Yes, you're.

You get defensive everytime JW is criticized. You have been dissing IO all week because it posed a considerable threat to JW. You make "wise" observations of how JW is not as disliked as the forum would led anyone to believe (despite mostly positive response from us). Take PR discussion from a few days ago, I said PR was better than JW, didn't take long before you calling me a hater. And I quite liked JW.

• Like 1

So a bit above or a bit below Saturday secures the second weekend record. Maybe I'll go see it tonight after all. I want to be the deciding factor...I want to fuel the rage.

Well that's the only reason you saw it more than once to begin with, remember?

Yes, you're.

You get defensive everytime JW is criticized. You have been dissing IO all week because it posed a considerable threat to JW. You make "wise" observations of how JW is not as disliked as the forum would led anyone to believe (despite mostly positive response from us). Take PR discussion from a few days ago, I said PR was better than JW, didn't take long before you calling me a hater. And I quite liked JW.

When did I diss IO? Find one post.

Also, find one reply to Tele's JW reviews/comments and the others.

Edited by PDC1987

Catching up on the thread and for awhile I felt like I'm on some strange alien planet. Then the popcorn talk started.

The only corn Tele eats is handpicked from a little grove in the San Fernando Valley, tucked away in a foothill before the San Gabriel Mountains. All organic of course.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

Veering off the subject of food, I have decided to put together the top 10 and top 10 adjusted OWs for "completely original" films not based off of any existing intellectual property, literature, or historical events.

Non-adjusted

1.) Inside Out - $91m

2.) Avatar - $77m

3.) The Incredibles - $70.5m

4.) Finding Nemo - $70.25m

5.) The Day After Tomorrow - $68.7m

6.) Up - $68.1m

7.) Bruce Almighty - $68m

8.) Brave - $66.3m

9.) 2012 - $65.2m

10.) WALL-E - $63.1m

Adjusted:

1.) Finding Nemo - $94.6m

2.) Independence Day - $92.3m (Fri-Sun, opened Wed)

3.) The Incredibles - $92.1m

4.) Bruce Almighty - $91.5m

5.) Inside Out - $91m

6.) The Day After Tomorrow - $89.9m

7.) Monsters Inc. - $89.8m

8.) Signs - $84m

9.) Avatar - $82.2m

10.) The Lion King - $79.4m

While Nemo has the highest 3-day attendance for a complete original, I think ID4 is and always will be the zenith of what something completely original could open to in terms of admissions - it adjusts to $176.5m from Tue-Sun; even if you leave out the $20m adjusted (!!!) in Tuesday previews, its pure Wed-Sun 5-day was $156m. Still amazing today, the absolute peak (opening-wise) of the high-concept blockbuster with no source material for anybody to be familiar with beforehand.

I was only 7 when ID4 came out, but I was still well aware of how fucking HUGE it was. (I'm pretty sure I saw it in DTS in a THX theatre, and yes, the action scenes blew me away at the time - and they still do.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 6