#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Your Saturday may be a bit too high and your Sunday way too low for FD Sunday.

I think the number still lands close to $104.5 and gets the second weekend record.

But 2015, will it be an anomaly or a BO rebirth ?

2016's line up will be good enough ?

Apart from 2011 and 2014, attendance has been pretty solid overall. People keep wish for the 99-04 level of attendance but thats just not feasbale. I think 2016 will keep this up. Its not a "rebirth", but its not a "death" either like "experts" try to say at the end of every year.

• Like 1

I think it will be a bit of both, but more of an anomaly.

Who could have predicted the week end we are living right now ?

A monster BO smash that is not crushing the new movie of the week end and both do incredible numbers.

What kind of sorcery ?

And 2015 is definitely a Universal/disney showdown.

• Like 1

My screening of DOPE was moved to a smaller screen with no AC because they needed the bigger screening for JW.

Whatever. It's hot.

• Like 3

But 2015, will it be an anomaly or a BO rebirth ?

2016's line up will be good enough ?

There's a lot of stock in comic book movies to carry 2016 to big success, which could be a bad thing. I think CBM's may finally be winding down a bit in popularity. Though thankfully the GA will get a much needed reprieve from them between F4 and BvS. Then we have the BvS/Civil War/Apocalypse onslaught in Mar-May. Still I won't be surprised if animation is the big winner next year, not CBM's. Pets, KFP3, Dory, Ice Age, Zootopia, Moana...tons of potential heavy hitters for the genre. Either a lot are going to tank or it will truly be the year of animation at the box office.

My screening of DOPE was moved to a smaller screen with no AC because they needed the bigger screening for JW.

Whatever. It's hot.

I once seen a film in a theater with a screen size that seemed like it was a 70" TV. i was like "Is this for real"

and no AC if I remember right..

lol

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 1

Don't even know what the last big animated film to open on a Friday and get a 4x multi was? 

The Croods? If we limit it to summer then the first Despicable Me. I'd love it if IO could manage it but it doesn't look likely. 

It's not going to get a bump up to 1000. There aren't that many dollar theaters. There may be a few hundred, at best.

Pretty sure Matrix is saying the PTA will rise back to $1000.

• Like 1

Variety - 

2 hours ago - just updated

‘Jurassic World’ Headed for $103 Million, ‘Inside Out’ Happy at $84 Million at Weekend B.O.

The power of emotions proved to be serious competition against the power of velociraptors at the box office last night. Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” exceeded early expectations and made $34 million Friday night, beating “Jurassic World” for the evening on its way to becoming one of Pixar’s biggest openings with $84 to $89 million for the weekend.

read more here -

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/jurassic-world-inside-out-box-office-records-saturday-1201524591/

How would IO only do 84 for the weekend? They think it's going to drop 25% today or something?

• Like 1

How would IO only do 84 for the weekend? They think it's going to drop 25% today or something?

I don't understand as well

the low, according to people that know on this board is 86-88... and thats low balling!