#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Almost 1:30pm, the first batch of very early numbers should be hitting in the next 10-15 minutes if they stick to the schedule of the rest of this summer.

They are gonna be pretty useless if the numbers do come out. :lol: Like always, we need them for the reactions and fun.

2ND Update, 1:21PM: Word is from mid-day Friday estimates is that DisneyPixar’s girl Inside Out is coming on strong with a revised industry weekend estimate in the low $70Ms. While it’s not the Pixar opening record — that belongs to Toy Story 3  at $110.3M — it’s right up there with the super 2004 opening of The Incredibles at $70.5M. Universal’s Jurassic World per industry estimates is currently looking at a second FSS of $93M-95M, which if that sticks makes it clearly No. 2 among all pics’ second weekends behind The Avengers $103.05. Today’s other new wide release, Dope from Open Road is currently looking at an opening weekend of $5.5M at 2,002 playdates. Open Road snapped up Dope at Sundance with an estimated $7M minimum guarantee and a $15M P&A. The film is looking to rank outside the weekend’s top 5 as of right now.  20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment’s Spy has third with $10M and should raise its stateside cume to $74M by Sunday.  Warner Bros./New Line’s San Andreas per industry forecasts is looking at $7M for FSS in its fourth weekend, with a total running cume by Sunday of $131M.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

That is pretty useless. Not even Friday estimates. Just predictions. I can also do that. That shit means 0. At least give us some Friday estimates.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

That is pretty useless. Not even Friday estimates. Just predictions. I can also do that. That shit means 0. At least give us some Friday estimates.

At least that latest update is based on Friday business. I could see them underestimating it by $20m, but not $80m to get to that post earlier in the thread.

At least that latest update is based on Friday business. I could see them underestimating it by $20m, but not $80m to get to that post earlier in the thread.

That post makes 0 sense. Please lets not bring it up again :lol: 

• Like 1

That post makes 0 sense. Please lets not bring it up again :lol:

If I recall, around the same time last Friday they were saying 170 for JP4. It ended up grossing 22% more than that. "Low 70's" for Inside Out, let's call it 72 and multiply by 1.22...that gets it up to $88m.

If I recall, around the same time last Friday they were saying 170 for JP4. It ended up grossing 22% more than that. "Low 70's" for Inside Out, let's call it 72 and multiply by 1.22...that gets it up to $88m.

The first update I think it was actually a lower number.

It is a shit update by DHD. 

Based on last early Friday tracking, Deadline estimated JW would gross $130 million ow, so look how wrong they are. On their Saturday update, they revised it to $204.9 million.

Just went back and looked. Their 1 PM Friday update for JP4 was $160m. So that's a 30.5% jump from early Friday estimate to final gross. That would give Inside Out somewhere in the neighborhood of $91-94m if it plays out similarly.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

I think the most important thing for everyone to realize (which, based off of last weekend's thread, people don't) is that anecdotal evidence of early afternoon sellouts at your theater in Topeka, Kansas doesn't mean anything.

Edited by Mad Travod
  • Like 1

Just went back and looked. Their 1 PM Friday update for JP4 was $160m. So that's a 30.5% jump from early Friday estimate to final gross. That would give Inside Out somewhere in the neighborhood of $91-94m if it plays out similarly.

Yeah, I am gonna wait for some Rth goodness. Hopefully he will show up early like usual on Friday, instead of later like during weekdays. 

• Like 1

That was the stupidest extrapolation ever since they had a 70M Friday mentioned in the post as well. There was literally no way a 70M Friday would have given only 160M considering the previews to Friday multiplier. That was roughly the point when people here started thinking that 200M was a distinct possibility.