#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

But, but... There was a ton of un-necessary BS. Just wasted time and energy for things that either weren't followed up well or discarded completely:

the parents, the divorce, the prior relationship with Pratt and BDH, etc.

I was happy all of that was discarded in the second half of the movie. Get to the dinos, remove unnecessary clutter, the audience will understand, else you end up with Godzilla's ending.

Edited by grim22

But, but... There was a ton of un-necessary BS. Just wasted time and energy for things that either weren't followed up well or discarded completely:

the parents, the divorce, the prior relationship with Pratt and BDH, etc.

Yeah, those parts were bad. But didn't you have fun during the movie. Fun parts outnumbered the bad parts leaving an overall fun movie. I don't think Jurassic Park was aiming to be a good movie. Just a fun movie.

I wonder when JP5 will come out?
And I hope they actually have *gasp* characters come back instead of having a nearly a new cast every time forgetting past details.

(I think that was the one thing that ticked me off about JP2 and JP3 was that I remembered hearing back in 1994 that JP2 would answer all these questions that never were answered)

I'm trying to think of the trailers shown today. Max, Ted 2. Mockingjay, MI:RN, Transporter, the Martian. Oh and that one one with Ryan Reynokds and Trevor

Trevor...?

To be fair, I get the feeling that they were going for the whole imminent danger effect of killing off a minor character. If even a minor character dies, it creates the sense that there's an actual threat. But the execution of it was definitely too sadistic for a character that didn't really do anything "bad" in the film. And JW is a PG-13 popcorn flick aimed at the masses. It's not some niche horror genre flick where doing that sort of thing wouldn't be out of place. The second viewing really made me realize how unwarranted brutal her death was.

• Like 1

You guys need to understand what heartbreak is. Even if you don't like sports, that was heart breaking.

That was rough to watch. I don't think Dustin will ever win a major. His putting is too shaky and his mental game is not very good either. Hugely talented from a physical standpoint obviously. He reminds me of Sergio, another very talented player who hasn't won a major and probably never will. Dustin has piled up a lot of very negative baggage in the majors over the last 5 years. Tough to watch.

I was happy all of that was discarded in the second half of the movie. Get to the dinos, remove unnecessary clutter, the audience will understand, else you end up with Godzilla's ending.

But you're saying that is if what they presented was better. It wasn't. It just makes everything a sloppy goddamn mess. For example, I would have had no idea

the T-Rex was from the original park

if someone hadn't mentioned it here. The movie was literally just throwing shit against a wall and hoping it stuck. This is the poster child for "we will just have a bunch of crazy shit happen on screen". Everyone rags on Michael Bay, but in it's way this movie was just as bad. It just wasn't super-saturated and blitz-edited within an inch of its life. But if you look at characters, story, what's actually happening and why, this is basically one of the lower-tier Transformers movies.

I know I mentioned it last night, but I'll say it again: GODZILLA was a better movie. And I don't think GODZILLA was anything amazing, but at least there was coherence, forethought, setup, and payoff, and at least it understood its characters, even if the human ones were flat and two-dimensional.

• Like 1