#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

The over predicting of SW7 is already starting

@sethgs yep. An exec tell me the other day he feels STAR WARS does $4 billion including 1 billion in China alone and was being dead serious

— Justin Kroll (@krolljvar) June 22, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is fucking hilarious but I can actually see SW "disappointing" in China with just 220-260M.

Back from JW. It was a fun dumb movie. I saw it with a group of friends and when I pointed out the plot and character issues they started laughing. One of them said "no one watches Jurassic Park for the story." Yeah I see why the GA loves it.

I would say JW is a combination of nostalgia and WOM. Nostalgia is not the sole reason it's doing well in the box office. In fact SW7 may rely more on nostalgia than JW. People only talk about how the original 3 are back and the Millennium Falcon.

Still sad about Avengers though. :( JW box office numbers is how I wanted AOU to look.

• Like 2

that forum is full of morons. one I time I posted some super obvious fake tweets here for avengers 2 reviews and some dumbass who either posts or lurks here posted them over there like they were serious business and people were taking them super serious. pretty funny.

Which was not even my intention with JW. Just felt the nostalgia factor in proportion to the WOM needed to be addressed, and then people who love the movie wanted to turn that into me being a hater. Kind of another annoying attribute of the human psyche while we're at it. If someone loves something, they can be way too damn sensitive towards that subject.

True.  I feel as though humans (I love using that term... I'm creepy that way) are a little too sensitive when it comes to differing opinions, especially during this day and age when we're trying to move forward by being more considerate but even that can be blown out of proportion when such privileges falls into the wrong mind.  There needs to be a medium and a law that states: Please be warned, PEOPLE MAY HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS THAN YOURS AND YOU MUST BE CONSIDERATE NOT TO HATE! LOL :D 

It has none.... although the first six movies are about to get released there.

It will be interesting to see how a movie marketed on nostalgia most places will do in a market where it essentially has to be marketed as a new movie on its own merits.

that forum is full of morons. one I time I posted some super obvious fake tweets here for avengers 2 reviews and some dumbass who either posts or lurks here posted them over there like they were serious business and people were taking them super serious. pretty funny.

Nice. :D

SHH is not a box office website, it is an overreaction on all things forum. The Fantastic Four threads there are, if you can believe it, much much worse than the FF thread here, and the thread here is pretty much a dumpster fire at the best of times.

Last weekend was pretty awesome at SHH with the many many bans handed out for trolling. Those posts and threads were an awesome read. Too bad like 80% of the posts have been nuked from orbit now.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

It has none.... although the first six movies are about to get released there.

Wow, China is going to be so confused when Star Wars hits theaters. It would be funny if they couldn't care less and SW7 flops there. :lol:

• Like 2