baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I don't blame you honestly. Sometimes it's hard working in there because literally every customer is mad at you (me) personally for the prices.

"Guys come on, I just work here" (I feel like that kid from JW who works at the gyrosphere. Seriously sir, I'm sorry you spent $70 at concession but you're the one who bought 4 large popcorns, 4 large drinks, 2 plates of nachos, a bag of candy for each of those popcorns, and 3 cotton candies for your kids.

Lol I get a lot of "f*** this, or this is a f**** highway robbery, or in one case f*** you". But it's fun working there lol.

The thing that bugs me the most is that people act like this is something new. Concession prices have ALWAYS been expensive and they will ALWAYS be expensive.

Except for our $1 hot dogs.

Hard alcohol? Do they have to kick people out often for being drunk in a theatre and causing disruptions? We don't sell alcohol but we've had to kick people out for getting drunk in an auditorium...

It is new theater. But is one an old theater that went out of business that I used to work at back out at high school. Only a couple of times he had to kick people out. 

The thing that bugs me the most is that people act like this is something new. Concession prices have ALWAYS been expensive and they will ALWAYS be expensive.

I always hated when people acted that way when I used at a theater. It was the worst since he had an IMAX and everybody thought all of movie tickets were 16-17 dollars for all of theaters. 

Exactly! People are always like "six bucks for a bag of popcorn? Since when?!?!"

"About 7 or 8 years m'am. Prices haven't changed since then..."

It is new theater. But is one an old theater that went out of business that I used to work at back out at high school. Only a couple of times he had to kick people out.

I wonder if it was a big seller.

So, Spy is going to have about a 25% drop. I'm not one of those guys to say I told you so, but I did. Right from the beginning WOM on this was sure to make it a leggy film. so I looked at the Proposal for a comparison. The Proposal fell 45% in its second weekend against Transformers 2 and then after that it stabilized for the rest of the summer. Spy is going to do the same. It's going to hit a 4X because it's a really fun movie.

Have to give you props for calling Spy's trajectory almost perfectly.