baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

850 million OS is possible depending on how much juice it can squueze out.

for JW? more than that 900/950M in my opinion

1.550 / 1.6 B WW+DOM cum when the mess is over

it's f....  1.3 B already!

Edited by TacoBell

T5 and Magic Mike are basically due to flop. Ted 2 will have a semi-decent hold due to the holiday and then just absolutely fall off the face of the planet.

Aside from JW and IO, there won't be much exctitement until Minions comes around. That's going to be absolutely fascinating.

It might be Trainwreck

How much can it make in Japan? That could help the late OS legs a lot, or it could just give it a little boost.

It made $150m overseas this past week. It is likely to get over $850m even with 55% weekly drops from current markets.

It's easy to figure JW can expect another 150 m from NA.

Around how much can it expect from the overseas markets in the next few weeks?

Well, China won't give it a lot more considering it's already lost many screens due to their "blackout" of foreign films.

Estimates are currently $20m more from China. Other than that, I think it's been holding well overall and should continue to do so assuming Terminator doesn't somehow break out hugely OS and causes harsher drops (which I find unlikely).

Edited by JennaJ

JW and IO numbers never fail to amaze me. We will talk about these insane performances in the years to come. Yes, some of their target audiences overlap but it seems like they are not really competing with each other. It's like they are a combo of films that obliterate everything on their path.

Also, this is the best Pixar run in years, probably of all time. True, it will finish lower than TS III. But a run like this from an original film during a time when JW is doing insane numbers is just astounding. Even if MINIONS outgrosses it, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

And yes, JW is a monster in every sense of the word. Crazy run.

These Jurassic movies, why they are so popular maybe because it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. GA wants a movie about giant monsters to be a giant monster hit. I pegged it at $300M, and a conservative $250M. Now that it did $500M in its 3rd weekend, this unstoppable train is just out of this world. The movie is entertaining but not as impressive as Spielberg's classic.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Jurassic World and Inside Out represent just an unprecedented string of box office performances. I'm glad I was able to be a part of and experience it. Wow, just the face that beating TITANIC domestically, it's just hard to comprehend.

Inside Out performing at top-level Pixar "levels" is just proving how much drawing power the brand has. This film is going to ride WOM until (an maybe even after) Minions. I can see it at 270 by July 10, and hopefully it gets to 330 from there. R

Aaaaaaannnnd Ted 2. 33M is not good at all, but we have to keep it in perspective; if Ted wasn't a big brand name, and we weren't expecting 50-something, an 85M film opening to 33million would not be considered a bomb. The movie is a disappointment for sure, but it isn't a bomb. It will still break even I think. 95DOM and 100OS would cover for the budget. It won't be a money maker but, trust me, Universal will be fine.

Junior Mints for the mother fuckin win!

Our theatre doesn't sell those anymore... no one wanted them :P

I like getting Sour Patch Kids to be honest, or a bag of twix or snickers bites.