baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I wonder if the rumors are true and Abrams is going to have a Jar Jar death scene in SW7.

Could be as self aware and tacky as the "I'm Juggernaut bitch" scene in X3.

Lol, that's the biggest fanboy rumor that's been put out there yet. No way it's happening.

Not giving the original version a proper release is still wrongheaded. (Though Lucas sadly I sn't the only person guilty of this - Milos Forman doesn't get as much criticism as he should for keeping the original cut of Amadeus out of circulation - that's a film that WON Best Picture, and you can only get the cut that won the Oscar on a near-20-year-old first-gen DVD that still occasionally shows up in bargain bins. I don't care if you're unhappy with the version that originally came out, you can't take it back. Director's cuts should stand side by side with the original version, not replace them.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Not giving the original version a proper release is still wrongheaded. (Though Lucas isn't alone - Milos Forman doesn't get as much criticism as he should for keeping the original cut of Amadeus out of circulation - that's a film that WON Best Picture, and you can only get the cut that won the Oscar on a near-20-year-old first-gen DVD that still occasionally shows up in bargain bins.)

I never saw the original. What's the difference between that one and the Blu-ray version? Is the Blu longer?

Not giving the original version a proper release is still wrongheaded. (Though Lucas isn't alone - Milos Forman doesn't get as much criticism as he should for keeping the original cut of Amadeus out of circulation - that's a film that WON Best Picture, and you can only get the cut that won the Oscar on a near-20-year-old first-gen DVD that still occasionally shows up in bargain bins.)

The EE of Amadeus is tragic. That 20 minutes of bloat somehow takes the movie from A to like B-.

• Like 1

For someone so incredibly successful Lucas sure is a stupid hack. He must have sold his soul or something. How 6 such terrible movies have done so well and seem so compelling is a mystery.

THX-38 and American Graffiti prove Lucas is talented.

And A New Hope is just as iconic as any movie you can think of.

• Like 1

Speaking of extended editions, has anyone here braved the extended edition Hobbits?

I can't even imagine...

Numbers did it, I think.

EDIT: Probably worth it for this scene alone:

hobbit1SEE_25-cb210806.jpg

Edited by CJohn

I don't think JP will have super-long term staying power.

Yeah, I can't really picture anything that'll sell nearly as well as "the park is open". The one sequel people really wanted to see to the first

I would LOVE to see dinos in space or cyber dino warriors or human-dino hybrids but there would be a, uh, box office drop :rofl:

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet six pack Pratt has alot more gay fans than the doughy Chris Pratt.

Might be truth, but for me i prefer the doughy Chris Pratt, i love big bellys and buts so much.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: