baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Is it controversial to say that the prequels actually somehow manage to get worse as they go along? I would hope not but I know Revenge inexplicably has its fans here.

I'm not sure about worse but Sith definitely isn't better. The shitty romance, coughing robot, fucking Yoda on the planet of Chewbaccas, big death scenes for Jedi extras nobody cares about, death by broken heart...

Okay, worse

• Like 1

Please let this happen.

Please!

I'm still amazed how Brad Bird managed to screw up the concept so badly in the movie. The basic setup and ideas are good, and then the movie just pauses for exposition and a really stupid ending. I know a lot of people here blame Lindelof, but Bird cowrote the story and script, and pretty sure he wasn't forced into making the movie, he passed on Star Wars for Tomorrowland and now thanks to Tomorrowland he will probably end up directing Incredibles 2 and a random Star Wars spinoff.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about worse but Sith definitely isn't better. The shitty romance, coughing robot, fucking Yoda on the planet of Chewbaccas, big death scenes for Jedi extras nobody cares about, death by broken heart...

Okay, worse

Ok, yeah, this was pretty fucking stupid...

I'm still amazed how Brad Bird managed to screw up the concept so badly in the movie. The basic setup and ideas are good, and then the movie just pauses for exposition and a really stupid ending. I know a lot of people here blame Lindelof, but Bird cowrote the story and script, and pretty sure he wasn't forced into making the movie, he passed on Star Wars for Tomorrowland and now thanks to Tomorrowland he will probably end up directing Incredibles 2 and a random Star Wars spinoff.

The final 20 minutes are fucking absurd. I was expecting something big and epic to be revealed and happen in the climax with all the secrecy in the marketing and instead we get... that :lol: His career is in the shit right now. 

Okay, worse

But a lot of parts are hilarious with are the bad dialog.  

Cjohn, your prediction for Ted 2 in your sig on OW/DOM is :slaphead:

Unless of course if it is actually for DOM/WW. :ph34r:

Yeah, it is crap. But last week I had IO with a 91M OW in my sig so all is good. I will recover next week with the T5 floppage  :ph34r:

That DMC cliffhanger ending came off so desperate. Like Disney just screaming out of the screen "BUY YOUR TICKETS TO PIRATES 3 NOW, OUT IN A FEW MONTHS!!!!"

What, were Barbossa appears?

That moment was brilliant. Fucking shivers up my spine, man.

• Like 1

because grimdark fits pretty badly on a dumb space adventure movie? I know someone tried to throw Empire at me last time I said that but Empire is a FUN movie.

see also: Star Trek Into Darkness

They waited WAYYY too long to make The INCREDIBLES 2.. Jesus, what's it been?? 11 years??? Wasn't the 1st movie made in 2004???

Animated movies often take a long time to make, and The Incredibles 2 will probably still open big, because the Pixar brand is still strong, as evident by last week. 

Edited by Insidearcher