baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

JW calls it a win. What was the last June movie that spent 3 weekends at #1?

Not quite.  IO should have a better Sunday drop, imo.

• Like 1

So is True Detective Season 2 rubbish? Saw a bunch of complaints the other day but haven't seen it yet.

The first episode was trying too hard to be deep and meaningful and thematic. Also Farrell and Vaughn (and McAdams and Kitsch) are no Harrelson and McConaughey.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

The first episode was trying too hard to be deep and meaningful and thematic. Also Farrell and Vaughn (and McAdams and Kitsch) are no Harrelson and McConaughey.

I still need to see it. My hype died when the first reviews showed up. 

So is True Detective Season 2 rubbish? Saw a bunch of complaints the other day but haven't seen it yet.

Haven't gotten around to it yet, probably wait til Sunday so I have another to watch with it

Kinda figured as much. Good thing is the storyline is completely different so you can just treat the first season as a one-off if you want. I'll probably check out the second season but I'm betting I won't like it enough to own it on Blu-ray like I did with Season 1.

Never saw on ep of TD. HBO just doesn't seem worth the extra money

It's worth it for the catalog of stuff streaming in HBO Go: Sopranos, Band of Brothers, John Adams, True Detective, Game of Thrones, The Wire, etc.

Heck, the recent episode of VICE the other day was scary as shit. Seems we are headed straight for another Cold War or worse with Russia.

• Like 1