grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/3-7/5: Inside Out 29.77M, JW 29.24M, Genisys 27.02M. Greek Wedding's record survives

JW

4m mon

4.5m tues

3.7m wed

3.6m thur

6m fri

9m sat

6m sun

21m weekend

grade my guesstimation for the week BO pros

I want that to happen but I think that's too high of an increase for friday. I think a 60% increase would be a safer bet.

Edited by kowan

Just as long as it gets past TOMORROWLAND.

With these numbers TG is at 45.8 million after 6 days and TomorrowLand is at 47.5 million after 6 days. That said TG has a decent chance at tying it tomorrow and passing it's pace by the end of the weekend.

Edited by gb0708

With these numbers TG is at 45.8 million after 6 days and TomorrowLand is at 47.5 million after 6 days. That said TG has a decent chance at tying it tomorrow and passing it's pace by the end of the weekend.

I pray it stays ahead. My Summer Game needs it.

• Like 1

My local theaters are apparently going full retard with their PLF screens for this coming weekend. Instead of Minions, one of them is playing Magic Mike in RPX. The other is apparently splitting shows between Magic Mike and Terminator. Meanwhile you have a $100+ million opener playing on much smaller screens while MM/T5 are playing to audiences that are likely 10% full at best in huge auditoriums. Stupid, lol.

Whoever chose this should be FIRED by HR of that theater unless they had a contract with them to put it in the highest theaters.

• Like 1

Doesn't the El Capitan only have one screen? Are the tickets especially high there or is it just selling out like bonkers at the moment?

1 screen, about 1000 seats, and a general admission adult ticket costs $18. Tickets for the good seats cost more.

Doesn't the El Capitan only have one screen? Are the tickets especially high there or is it just selling out like bonkers at the moment?

Lots of seats, and tickets cost 20$ and includes a show before the movie with Disney characters performing on stage.

Has anyone called their attention regarding Keith, these terrible glitches, the overseas section, etc?

It feels like I post on their Facebook every time something goes wrong. Nothing ever comes of it.

Has anybody tried e-mailing them? If anybody has a list of the data problems that need to be fixed...

Edited by TServo2049

It feels like I post on their Facebook every time something goes wrong. Nothing ever comes of it.

Has anybody tried e-mailing them? If anybody has a list of the data problems that need to be fixed...

Keith needs to be fixed first. lol

Home did 175 million domestic. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Or American Sniper doing $350 million

Or Furious 7 doing $350 million (I did, though) 

Or Avengers just barely crossing $450 million 

Or Jurassic World doing $650 million+ (nobody did lol... nobody) 

Or Inside Out doing $350 million+ (after the Cannes buzz, I started thinking $350-370 million) 

2015 is just a shocker...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding's run is still unbelievable. It could never be duplicated. And it's gonna make the sequel's run all the more difficult to watch. It'll be lucky if it even makes 1/10th of the original.

So happy that Inside Out enjoyed at least one weekend at #1.

With how many people are thinking MBFGW2 is going to bomb hard, I'd love to see it completely shock everyone with Pitch Perfect 2 numbers ($180-190 million DOM) or even top the original unadjusted  :ph34r:

For the record, I'm not even a big fan. I just like to see utterly shocking BO stories. 

Edited by mahnamahna

Or American Sniper doing $350 million

Or Furious 7 doing $350 million (I did, though) 

Or Avengers just barely crossing $450 million 

Or Jurassic World doing $650 million+ (nobody did lol... nobody) 

Or Inside Out doing $350 million+ (after the Cannes buzz, I started thinking $350-370 million) 

2015 is just a shocker...

With how many people are thinking MBFGW2 is going to bomb hard, I'd love to see it completely shock everyone with Pitch Perfect 2 numbers ($180-190 million DOM) or even top the original unadjusted  :ph34r:

For the record, I'm not even a big fan. I just like to see utterly shocking BO stories. 

In that regard, we're really spoiled from this year so far. I don't believe the next few years are gonna have so many surprising/shocking runs like 2015, but we shouldn't be upset about that. This year is an anomaly in that issue IMO.