CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Ugh, I want IO to win because too many mediocre movies have won this year ( F7, AOU, JW, PP2 ... ).

I want a good film to win for a change.

So IO doesn't win unless it makes more than Minions?

I already consider it a huge win, just with what it's made up to now. Whether Minions tops it or not, does not diminish from that movie's accomplishment.

Once IO overtakes Up, it becomes Pixar's biggest original film behind Nemo (including 3D re-release).

No one expected that when they heard Pixar was making something about emotions inside our heads. It was tracking at 60-65m ow. boxoffice.com had the long range forecast at 71m but changed it to 65m before the release. http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2015-06-weekend-forecast-inside-out-dope

Overall it will be the 4th biggest original behind Lion King (with 3D and IMAX re-release), Frozen and Nemo (with the re-release).

Edited by a2k

Ugh, I want IO to win because too many mediocre movies have won this year ( F7, AOU, JW, PP2 ... ).

I want a good film to win for a change.

Yeah buddy good luck to you and your Inside Out to make another $1b+ WW to "win" against "mediocre" movies like JW and F7. :lol:

And yeah.. Win what exactly? It's made zero records and will soon slip into oblivion. The definition of mediocre.

Edited by scoobysaurus

Yeah buddy good luck to you and your Inside Out to make another $1b+ WW to "win" against "mediocre" movies like JW and F7. :lol:

And yeah.. Win what exactly? It's made zero records and will soon slip into oblivion. The definition of mediocre.

no and no.

• Like 1

So anyone here seen this Baahubali? I just spent some time researching it and watching the trailers and I'm very intrigued. It basically looks like a Hindi LOTR crossed with Avatar. Had no idea they made such epic films over there.

Yeah, I saw it this saturday. Really amazing movie, by Indian Standards. A complete new level for the Indian Cinema. The first mega-budget film here with a budget around 2-2.5 Times the previous high. It wasn't that Much of a masterpiece plotwise, even though the story was good too, but the epic scope, the grandeur, the acting and the natural scenery in the first half were all really amazing, again by Indian standards. And the audience seemed to really, really love it. I had never seen such a response for any film. They seemed absolutely perplexed with the Film.

I'd say you should go and watch it. If you aren't too familiar with Indian Cinema (and actually even if you are, they rarely make War Epics and the likes so wouldn't matter) it would be a pretty new and different thing for you and I believe you'll like it.

Once again, there's no 1:1 correlation between grosses and quality . ;)

I don't see Inside Out as a beacon of quality. It was alright as a movie but Toy Story 1, 2 and finding Nemo were way better Pixar movies.

And Pixar fanboys are always complaining about other movies doing better. It gets irritating especially after a month.

I don't see Inside Out as a beacon of quality. It was alright as a movie but Toy Story 1, 2 and finding Nemo were way better Pixar movies.

And Pixar fanboys are always complaining about other movies doing better. It gets irritating especially after a month.

It is annoying, I agree not because Inside Out isn't great, its my favorite movie of the year so far. But because its doing incredibly well in its own right and there is no need to compare it to Jurassic World or Minions.

• Like 1

Also, Me and Earl and The Dying Girl pretty much tanked in limited release. When all is said and done, it's making a third of The Way Way Back, which didn't even have as strong buzz out of Sundance. Guess the indie crowd saw it as TFIOS lite and didn't even bother.

Also, Me and Earl and The Dying Girl pretty much tanked in limited release. When all is said and done, it's making a third of The Way Way Back, which didn't even have as strong buzz out of Sundance. Guess the indie crowd saw it as TFIOS lite and didn't even bother.

Will if my damn theatre would have more than two showings a day I'd have seen it by now.

Yeah, comparing IO to Minions and hoping Minions does bad because not Pixar can get annoying, just like any fan boyism. I like all good movies DC, Marvel, Dreakworks, Pixar, etc. to do well.

Though that does not justify 'box office = quality' and 'great movies make way above 300m' line of arguments. ;)

Edited by a2k