CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

But what makes a movie good or bad?  It's a matter of opinion.  IMO, JW is better than almost all films I've seen this year.

Of course. I want my "good movie" to win, that's what I want. I can want something, can't I?

Of course. I want my "good movie" to win, that's what I want. I can want something, can't I?

But complaining when Mad Max doesn't do as much as Pitch Perfect 2 is silly because Mad Max was a surprise success and everyone knew that Pitch Perfect 2 would beat it prior to release

But complaining when Mad Max doesn't do as much as Pitch Perfect 2 is silly because Mad Max was a surprise success and everyone knew that Pitch Perfect 2 would beat it prior to release

I haven't seen PP2 yet. Do I need to see PP1 first to understand the movie or is it not required?

And the trouble of comparing movies is that each one is trying to do its own thing. You wouldn't judge a David Fincher film by how funny it was, nor a film like Minions for emotional depth and gravitas. If a film does what it is trying to do well, and it is ultimately the kind of film I like seeing, then I will like the film. People really make this seem more complicated than it really is.

• Like 4

I'm not gonna argue anymore because cleary my English is misguiding  :wacko:

I haven't seen PP2 yet. Do I need to see PP1 first to understand the movie or is it not required?

Nah, the first one is not required to enjoy the sequel although its a pleasant watch (I didn't love it but there.is some pleasant stuff in there and there are some things about the sequel you'll appreciate more of you watch the first one first)

• Like 1

Even the MM over $200 million and PP2 under $100 million people?

Yeah, but those are exceptions. I am talking about 90% of the people in this forum.

But Minions will have terrible legs..

there isn't any family competition until September. So it should play well and the other two held on well and they were both on a busy July. So Minions will be playing fine even with Ant-Man,Pixels, or Rogue Nation in the way but that's a different audience.

there isn't any family competition until September. So it should play well and the other two held on well and they were both on a busy July. So Minions will be playing fine even with Ant-Man,Pixels, or Rogue Nation in the way but that's a different audience.

Even though Shaun and the Sheep and Underdogs are animated films coming out in August, they won't even open more than $15M combined. In other words, they will not hurt Minions and IO at all.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

Illumination's success is more of a threat to DWA, Blue Sky, SPA etc than Pixar and WDAS but outside of DM, their highest grossing film is The Lorax. Next year will be the real test for the Illumination brand with two original movies

Illumination's success is more of a threat to DWA, Blue Sky, SPA etc than Pixar and WDAS but outside of DM, their highest grossing film is The Lorax. Next year will be the real test for the Illumination brand with two original movies

Secret Life of Pets and ??

Even though Shaun and the Sheep and Underdogs are animated films coming out in August, they won't even open more than $15M combined. 

Good you mentioned Shaun the Sheep. Stop-motion animated films, rarely do big business. They do however, get praised and critically acclaimed by critics.

But why don't stop-motion animated films, break out more often box office-wise?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34