CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

That's a better hold than its second weekend, no?

It's the best hold it has had. Was helped somewhat by the Sat to Sat increase.

Fell 57% on Fri, 16% on Sat and 46% on Sun

Aginst DM2, MU actually had a better Fri-Fri drop (probably cause DM2 opened on Wed), but it's Sat was a July 1st week Sat so it dipped compared to previous week

Fell 50% on Fri, 59% on Sat, 60% on Sun http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=monstersinc2.htm

Of course, it did not show at all, the post July-1st-week improvement that IO has shown.

It's the best hold it has had. Was helped somewhat by the Sat to Sat increase.

Fell 57% on Fri, 16% on Sat and 46% on Sun

Aginst DM2, MU actually had a better Fri-Fri drop (probably cause DM2 opened on Wed), but it's Sat was a July 1st week Sat so it dipped compared to previous week

Fell 50% on Fri, 59% on Sat, 60% on Sun http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=monstersinc2.htm

Of course, it did not show at all, the post July-1st-week improvement that IO has shown.

I didn't fel 46% on sunday, the estimations went up with 650K that would make it drop way less than 46% on sunday :)

Comparing MU's weekend and weekly holds with IO's so far, IO's biggest weekend drop so far has been 43.1%, and its biggest weekly drop has been 39.5%. The first time MU had a weekend drop less than 44.3% and a weekly drop less than 42.6% was in its NINTH week.

Edited by TServo2049

It's just the populace here.  They expect all animated films to be written by William Shakespeare and appeal to adults.  God forbid a kids film is just aimed for kids.  

I get good enjoyment out of Frozen and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Those are squarely aimed for kids

Try again

I get good enjoyment out of Frozen and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Those are squarely aimed for kids

Try again

No need to try again.  There's a Pixar MK-Ultra thing going on here.

I guarantee you there weren't as many haters in the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 thread. And CwaCoM2 probably is worse than Minions. The fault purely lies with Illumination's cheap jokes and production value

I guarantee you there weren't as many haters in the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 thread. And CwaCoM2 probably is worse than Minions. The fault purely lies with Illumination's cheap jokes and production value

So because they keep their budgets at a reasonable amount that makes their production values cheap?  Nice try Blank.  

When Clint Eastwood shoots fast and keeps his budgets under control, people praise him for it.  I don't see any reason why Illumination should be criticized for not having a 200 million dollar budget on an animation film.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't think Minions was very good either. After I got out of my showing, I mused to myself that I probably wouldn't remember anything about it in a week.

The difference between me and some others, is that I don't regard it as a crime against humanity. Let the kids have their Minions. I'm past the belief that bad movies make people stupider, because they don't.

And Illumination's budgets are not a bad thing. IMO the films look fine, the environments fit perfectly into the cartoony aesthetic. And honestly, with animated films I would prefer that the budgets reflect the level of ambition, fluff like this doesn't need Disney budgets.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I can't wait to have normal Blanks back. Jesus, I am so sick of this version of you. And there are still likely 3 or 4 weekends of this shit. And DM3 in 2017...

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think Minions was very good either. After I got out of my showing, I mused to myself that I probably wouldn't remember anything about it in a week.

The difference between me and some others, is that I don't regard it as a crime against humanity. Let the kids have their Minions. I'm past the belief that bad movies make people stupider, because they don't.

And Illumination's budgets are not a bad thing. IMO the films look fine, the environments fit perfectly into the cartoony aesthetic. And honestly, with animated films I would prefer that the budgets reflect the level of ambition, fluff like this doesn't need Disney budgets.

IO doesn't need a 200 million dollar budget either.

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with their production values, and Minions has cheap jokes but that pos didn't? Please.

• Like 3

I can't wait to have normal Blanks back. Jesus, I am so sick of this version of you. And there are still likely 3 or 4 weekends of this shit. And DM3 in 2017...

Based on this year, meltdown Blank is the normal Blank.

• Like 1