Trainwreck: 3.1

Pixels: 1.8 (previews) 

IO: 1.45

JW: 1.2

Paper Towns over Pixels?

Cant see that happening.

Paper Towns over Pixels?

Cant see that happening.

John Green movies are going to be far more front-loaded than family comedies starring Adam Sandler. His fanbase is rabid, while Sandler fans/families are more relaxed about waiting. 

I think Pixels will finish on top for the weekend, but Paper Towns will do remarkably well in previews, then falter through the rest of the weekend. 

• Like 1

The various school systems in Atlanta go back either the first or second week of August. So 1 to 2 more weeks of school for most of the kids.

This is not unusual in the SE. Most of the school systems down here get out of school by Memorial Day and go back in early to mid August.

• Like 1

John Green movies are going to be far more front-loaded than family comedies starring Adam Sandler. His fanbase is rabid, while Sandler fans/families are more relaxed about waiting. 

I think Pixels will finish on top for the weekend, but Paper Towns will do remarkably well in previews, then falter through the rest of the weekend. 

Are Pixels and Paper Towns the same audience?

Brad Bird gave the ultimate fuck you to Disney. Refused to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens, instead spent 190M in the garbage known as Tomorrowland, and give his voice to Jurassic World. And now Disney decided to punish him by forcing him to do The Incredibles 2. 

• Like 2

I'm sure Brad would have been happier if Tomorrowland had been the one to do it

Tomorrowland is the joke of the Summer. 190M budget, 202M WW total. And the movie is complete nonsense. At least he did Ghost Protocol which means he does have talent... but damn, if he didn't do that movie before, his career would have been over :lol: 

It wouldn't be BOT if the jokes weren't beaten to death, stabbed, set on fire, buried, dug up, mashed into paste, burnt again, and finally recycled as the truth.

Wow, you have 21 likes for that post Tele. That's a big number. (Not a record)

• Like 1

Uh what? Kids are NOT going back to school yet.

In TN most start the first or second week of Aug. 

Kids report back in Nashville on Wed, Aug 5

As noted by another the South/Southeast in most areas has school target to be out by Memorial Day, thus we start back sooner.

Also, as a historical aside kids were used to help in the fields with harvest and chores so that component is also in play. It's "just the way it's always been" type thing.

I've attributed that to being regional, that the North/Northeast allows for more snow so their school calendars end mid July and still go back after Labor Day in Sept.

Tomorrowland is the joke of the Summer. 190M budget, 202M WW total. And the movie is complete nonsense. At least he did Ghost Protocol which means he does have talent... but damn, if he didn't do that movie before, his career would have been over :lol:

Nah... He'd be fine. He just wouldn't ever be able to do live action again.

I'm sure Brad would have been happier if Tomorrowland had been the one to do it

It takes a special kind of film to kick the snot out of all Avengers members.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

Minions is smashing the OW of Despicable Me 2 over here. Paper Towns is having a good OD as well (not on the level of The Fault In Our Stars, tho). 

• Like 1